Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Accidental Backflip...?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by AerialEyeProductions, Jun 16, 2015.

1. AerialEyeProductions

Has anyone else also come close to performing a backflip when you go full throttle forwards and then pull back completely and throttle up? I've gotten close a few times and it's a little scary but kinda awesome.

2. jasonb777

I just about backflipped with my P2 vision plus last year when I had carbon fiber blades on it. I was moving forward at full speed and pulled all the way back showing off how fast it would stop and it dropped like a rock and almost crashed. Needless to say I took the carbon fiber props off.;)

3. AerialEyeProductions

Wow, so carbon fiber props create more powerful lift?

4. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

Carbon fiber props create more powerful crashes.

StevenQX, ctp, cjmwales and 1 other person like this.
  5. snerd

It's been said on this forum that anything beyond it being a platform for getting a small camera into the air is at your own risk. I took those words to heart immediately, and backed off some of my more daring maneuvers.

Brett_Meyer likes this.
  6. Cacc

I WISH the Phantom 3 could do flips successfully. I have used a smaller, low-quality acrobatic drone with horrible 720p to get shots that I needed like faking parkour and kungfu moves. Found it to be the safest and easiest way to fake a backflip off a building or someone getting shot mid-jump (and flipping backward). It is a very niche need, but would be nice to have as an addon or option in the SDK.

7. taroh

IMHO P3 power/weight ratio is too low to do backflip without losing 10+m alt. The easiest way when firmware upgrade is to let gimbal backflip. :)

8. manny

Gotten close? Either you backflip - or you don't. If you're "close" to a backflip with a Phantom I guess that would mean that you smashed it head first into the ground. Just my opinion on backflips after years of gymnastics ;)

9. N017RW

Get a P2 as the prices are dropping to use for that.