Accessories

Reaction score
i am a newbie, are there any recommended must have add ons I should purchase such as prop and gimbal guards?

i am a newbie, are there any recommended must have add ons I should purchase such as prop and gimbal guards?
A quick search of the forum and you should find all that you need

In my opinion Summitlink prop guards are good.

Newly, check out my must-have list at PhantomHelp.com.

I think you forgot one of my favorites... and I believe I got the suggestion from you, get the Inspire 1 metal "mobile device holder"!!! It makes a world of difference in how wiggle your device is on the rc. Mine is now just about rock solid.

I have almost all of your suggestions except the cable. I went to buy it but but found (a few) that have had problems. Yes I want a nice 1' foot cable, but even with a few problems and DJI states one of the first things to check on certain problems is the cable. I have been reluctant to buy it... Am I over cautious?

Why do you say that? Does it change the flying characteristics?
Just a personal preference. They do have a purpose and that's is for the first 7 or 8 flights until one is comfortable with hand catching . I don't like the extra weight .

Reactions: Newly
Unless you plan to fly indoors, I also agree that the downsides of prop guards outweigh the advantages. I struggled to get the wobble out of the device mount, but in the end I bought the Inspire metal one and the problem is solved. As for shortening the stock USB cable, try wrapping the excess around the metal U-bar on the bottom or around the base of the antennas (the cable is shielded so it won't hurt your range). If you expect to fly over water, get the Getterback water recovery system for peace of mind. It's only about $15 and weighs very little.

Reactions: Newly
My tips, mostly from my previous experience with RC aircrafts and MRs. Just 5 quite cheap, simple and common items I believe make a huge difference in your flying experience, adding practicity, convenience, performance/safety or just plain comfort:

1. Inspire 1 tablet support (yes it is much, much better and totally worth the investment).

2. A neck or shoulder strap (every RC hobbyist knows how useful those are. Buy one and never look back).

3. Cambond cables (come in many lenghts including a 30cm good for iOS/Android AND are incredibly sturdy).

4. A hardcase backpack (DJI´s own is perfect but there are other good options too).

5. Prop balancer (again anyone with RC background will attest to the importance of this. Get a DuBro right away).

Reactions: Solar Deity

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20