Accessories Vs. Performance

Reaction score
Wanted to hear from those who have added accessories. When you added accessories such as prop guards, camera lens visor, gimbal guard, etc. have you noticed any flight performance degradation? I would imagine this adds weight. Did it affect battery performance?

The heaviest thing I've added was a Trackimo GPS tracker. I did not notice a difference in the flight time. I suppose I might find I'm shaving off a few seconds if I get out a stopwatch and do an in-depth comparison in an indoor environment (to cancel out the constantly changing weather conditions).

Reactions: Flipsonic
Wanted to hear from those who have added accessories. When you added accessories such as prop guards, camera lens visor, gimbal guard, etc. have you noticed any flight performance degradation? I would imagine this adds weight. Did it affect battery performance?
I have a camera guard, SRP filter, and a Marco Polo tracker on my birds. The total weight of these items is less than 20 grams, so I've not noticed much difference in performance.

I don't use prop guards, so I can't weigh in on that!;)

I've never used prop guards, but I've read people on here saying that they have a bad habit of catching the wind kind of like sails, which obviously would hinder performance.

There would be definitely hit on the performance when you add additional weights but why do we bother for it. We add items for our fun and safety of the equipment. Go ahead, fly and enjoy.

Most of the people start landing when battery level reaches 30%. This means we use only 70% of the battery for real fun, rest we keep for the safety of the equipment. Few % hit due to additional accessories will not matter.

Last edited:
Every accessory I've purchased, with the exception of my ND filters and Windsurfers, I wound up not using.
The windsurfers have now been thrown into the no longer necessary pile as well, since I purchased a MaxxRange panel.

Other unnecessary items in my pile; prop guards, gimbal guard, and land gear extenders.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ha...I guess most of these accessories are good for just one thing. And that is $$$ in the pockets of the manufacturers.

It seems they are all useful. I would probably recommend all of them for a beginner, or for certain situations. The Windsurfers are definitely a good investment, and the ND filters are a must for great video.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik