Accessing video cache from iPad or iPhone

Reaction score
Wondering if any of you have been able to access the "videocache" using iTunes. When I followed the directions listed elsewhere on this forum I found the correct folder in iTunes. But when I attempted to save the folder to another location on my local hard drive I was given an error that I do not have rights to access the folder. Something about unlocking the device or such. Any ideas?

Incidentally, my end goal is to find some video of my flying that has the on screen display overlay. I want to incorporate that into some flying video production. Perhaps there is a better way to capture that video.

Wondering if any of you have been able to access the "videocache" using iTunes. When I followed the directions listed elsewhere on this forum I found the correct folder in iTunes. But when I attempted to save the folder to another location on my local hard drive I was given an error that I do not have rights to access the folder. Something about unlocking the device or such. Any ideas?

Incidentally, my end goal is to find some video of my flying that has the on screen display overlay. I want to incorporate that into some flying video production. Perhaps there is a better way to capture that video.
The cached video is just a compressed version of what you're recording to the sd card and doesn't include any OSD. Your best bet is to either turn on captions and use the .srt file that gets produced for a basic overlay. Alternatively, install Dashware and use the flight logs to overlay the info.

Thanks bbfpv.

So is it my imagination or have I seen clips here with active video of what is viewed on the screen as you fly? Maybe the pilots had a gopro strapped to their foreheads.

I use Shou to record my iOS screen. You can download the recorder at http://Shou.tv/i. This recorder doesn't require jail breaking like other recorders for iOS but the recorder is an "untrusted" iOS app.

Thanks bbfpv.

So is it my imagination or have I seen clips here with active video of what is viewed on the screen as you fly? Maybe the pilots had a gopro strapped to their foreheads.
what @TAZ said. You need a screen recording app. Shou for iOS, take your pick on Android.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20