Accessing flight Logger Details for the Vision+ Utility Pro

Reaction score
How does one access the flight logger details for the Vision+Utility pro?

Dummies Guide Please - Prefer to be bottle fed - without abbreviated responses and alien words.

Oh yea - don't type to fast ... it's hard to keep up.

Thank You - ;)

Re: Accessing flight Logger Details for the Vision+ Utility

The CSV file is essentially a spreadsheet file in text format comma delimited to separate the columns. It's also the one you use in Dashware. It also produces a KML file which you canes in Google Earth to view the flight path.

I hope you have a paypal account cause this is going to sting a little bit.... :lol:

1st of all.....Anytime you want info on something you will need to include details on your end. Each device generally has a different method. I use a tablet which consist of plugging into the pc and selecting the device if it doesn't already appear. If using a android phone I believe you have to setting and select for it to communicate with your pc. Then it's the same when plugged into the pc. Search for sdcard/VisionPlusUtility. You should see 3 different files for each flight. A ,.csv, kml,and .psd. Use the .csv with dashware, the .kml with google earth, and I never bother with the .psd it contains both the csv and kml files as a just incase situation.

Btw, you can use a file manager also if needed for locating files. There is a app called ES File Explorer that seems to work well.

What else do you need help with?

Davekyn said:
How does one access the flight logger details for the Vision+Utility pro?

Dummies Guide Please - Prefer to be bottle fed - without abbreviated responses and alien words.

Oh yea - don't type to fast ... it's hard to keep up.

Thank You - ;)

ok ... now that those first two answers have you totally frying your wires...

what kind of device do you have... android or iOS?

start there and I'll give you the full on "explain like I'm a third grader" answer

Ok DBS now that you are back to growing pimples on ur butt.... I pointed out to the newbie generally details are needed before hand. But ya, go ahead an clean up the slop. :lol:

LOL

I appreciate all the answers - I understand a tiny bit about the file formats that can be used in Google earth and similar programs. I "tried" to export many years ago from my phone app. It was a running program that would show where I had ran and how long it took among a few other details. I could never work out how to do that - so relied on the phone app and a website that did it for me.

I will hook my phone up and attempt franks instructions - although I will have to research what dashware is? Thanks Frank -

DBS - srry - You guys are right -

I use a Galaxy S5 with latest Android OS phone & Win 7 64bit OS on my PC

Is Dashware for my PC and is it Free by any chance? - Are the any free alternatives?

Will hook up my phone and look for the Utility directory now.

BRB

TY

This is what I am looking at ATM :

Full Screen ----> https://www.flickr.com/photos/71988794@N08/15198026969/sizes/o/

15198026969_a9f76dd793_b.jpg

Thanks for helping me get this far. - coffee time and now I see about programs to view these files - re-reading your comments.

Thanks again.

Edit - cant see the CVS file in there for Dashware??????????????

Thats Great!

OK I see the three files, but thus far only playing with one.

Google Maps opened up for me as I have it already installed. I am only up playing with the slider bar to animate the drone icon. Looks very interesting. How do I see the distance and altitude? Can you see this changing as you use the slide bar?

Full Screen ---> https://www.flickr.com/photos/71988794@ ... 5/sizes/o/

I think this was a 1.4km distance test. Not sure if its this one because I can't see where the distances are yet. I'm rather Dyslexic when it comes to seeing things for the first time - as to my process of thinking.

I actually maxed out at 1.6 km yesterday but can't find that log ...

Anyways - I keep playing.

Thank You for your help.

Please feel free to elaborate on the other files and or anything that comes to mind. (slide bar is all I know at this point)

Thanks again.

Can you alter the size of the overlays with regard to Dashware?

Davekyn said:
OK I see the three files, but thus far only playing with one.

Google Maps opened up for me as I have it already installed. I am only up playing with the slider bar to animate the drone icon. Looks very interesting. How do I see the distance and altitude? Can you see this changing as you use the slide bar?

Full Screen ---> https://www.flickr.com/photos/71988794@ ... 5/sizes/o/

I think this was a 1.4km distance test. Not sure if its this one because I can't see where the distances are yet. I'm rather Dyslexic when it comes to seeing things for the first time - as to my process of thinking.

I actually maxed out at 1.6 km yesterday but can't find that log ...

Anyways - I keep playing.

Thank You for your help.

Please feel free to elaborate on the other files and or anything that comes to mind. (slide bar is all I know at this point)

Thanks again.

You need to right click on the middle of the three files that google earth opened. Choose show elevation...the cool thing about it is that you can go to ground level and not only see the track but also see its elevation....its a pretty cool feature.

Davekyn said:
WOW Is this the Dashware program your mean?

If I can work out how to use that - I'd pay the money for it for sure.

http://www.dashware.net

Yes Sir.... That's the Hot Ticket right there. You can start with the trial version for 30 days. There is also viseos to help get you started.

TY very much - this is exactly what I needed to know.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4