Acadia/Bar Harbor, Maine...suggestions?

Reaction score
Good morning, I will be taking a trip to the Acadia/Bar Harbor area next week and I intend to bring my Phantom 3 with my to capture the scenery. I've spoken to the National Park Service and our drones are still banned in the park which leaves me with a question. For those of you who have visited/live there, where are some good places to capture footage outside of their boundaries?

The smaller islands look like your best bet to remain in "compliance." I've heard there are still a lot of coastal areas that are good for scenic flying but I have not been up there yet to scout them out. The ban is part of the reason I've held off from going up.

The national park ban remains total BS IMO, as there should at least be a permit process where one can drop them a serial number before flying... that would resolve their stupid argument about not being able to track the "resulting damage" caused by lost drones. OK, end of rant before things get off topic.

Reactions: Archy88
Thank you for your input. From a Google Map standpoint I will definitely check out the coastal areas, but I'm not sure what I'll actually find once I start driving around. I'm certainly tempted to bring it up one of the mountains but I'd like to remain a responsible pilot(Booo! I know haha).

I'm heading up to Acadia in July. Any updated info on where to fly? I can understand not allowing drones within the park itself. There are just as many rude pilots as there are considerate ones. If only all pilots read this forum and showed good judgement.

I'm heading up to Acadia in July. Any updated info on where to fly? I can understand not allowing drones within the park itself. There are just as many rude pilots as there are considerate ones. If only all pilots read this forum and showed good judgement.

I was hoping for updated information, heading over there tomorrow and will bring my drone with me. I will use the app to see where the no fly zones are, but hoping I can get some good footage.

Love Acadia. It's a shame they don't allow you to fly. Then again restrictions often spur creativity. Post whatever footage you get from the surrounding area when you get back :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20