Academy of Model Aeronautics report on FAA drone reporting

Reaction score
Thanks for posting... very interesting read indeed. This is encouraging to know that the AMA is lobbying for us.

Reactions: Jeff48920
iv just read the article. My take aways.
I know the media has a bias and agenda, and it uses there outlet to modify public opinion.
I did not know we had the same approach in the FAA, at least some employees of the peoples use the same approach and use the FAA to forward there opinion. And in a very blatant way. I find that fact fairly sad.

Is the AMA and Model Aircraft clubs in general fairly open to those that fly quadcopters/drones or are drone fliers looked at poorly or with disdain? I am thinking of reaching out to a couple clubs in the area but uncertain of what to expect.

AMA is pro model aeronautics including but not limited to quads, hexis, octis, etc. They are certainly big on covering our rights. Great info in their mag. Outstanding insurance package also. Cheap yearly dues. Check it out.
Academy of Model Aeronautics - Programs & Benefits

Been a AMA member for 30+ years. Great organization. If you fly models you should def. consider it. Model clubs and RC pilots in my area love anyone who will fly with them. Show courtesy and common sense and it will take you far.! You might even get to teach some that don't know about rotor's. Iv been taking vid of 3D fixed wing and a bunch of landings. The guys love to watch themselves land. you can learn a lot from seeing it from a diff. perspective. Go for it! Look up your local club! You're not in MA are ya?

Reactions: Jeff48920
Thanks guys for the quick and positive response. I will join ASAP and have reached out to a couple of nearby clubs. I am North of Charlotte, NC. :)

The last couple of letters and e-mails I've received from them, they are really plastering more and more drone pics into them. I think "management" is reaching out to us, although some of the "members" may be a little put off by us droners.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers