AC Re-Link Button flashing ?

Reaction score
I know the re-link button is to re-establish WiFi link RC to AC ...

OK - just re-installed 1.07.0090 - not possible to install any other FW ... honest - I've tried.

I had all 3 on when I inserted SD Card ... nothing happened ... I had to restart AC with card in to get installation to start.

After 3 - 4 minutes :

The RC shows Green and locked in.

Go App has Standard up but New Formware available banner .... and Initializing - please wait at bottom.

AC has green light above camera but the Re-Link button is blinking twice red then once green repeatedly.

I have not switched of and restarted - just leaving all to see if its just a long process !! I have a fan running on the camera and gimbal to avoid overheating. I will give it about 30 - 40 mins and then restart all.

Anyone have any clue what the blinking and Initializing is ??

(I have just touched gimbal control on RC and it works ... so link is there).

Nigel

Let it run for ages ... nothing changed - so I restarted all and everything fine. Still have the unreliable video feed ... but all working.

Nigel

Re-link it. Then check firmware button to get on that screen, make sure latest firmware is on card, not multiple versions, just the one you desire to flash. Check DJI go update screen in app. Make sure the controller firmware itself is updated. When you turn drone on you should hear tones of it checking for update and flashing if not latest.

Today flew 310m and 62m high with fully locked on Video and control links.

I have to say Grammaton ... a lot of what you posted - I cannot understand and don''t know how to ... ? Firmware button ?? How do I check Controller FW is latest ... etc. etc. etc. ...

The way I see it - DJI has chosen to create a system that is half hidden to users ... and relies on crappy Go app to work.

How to check app/drone version: dji go/ menu/bottom left icon(three dots)scroll down to bottom of that screen: about (about screen will show the versions installed (drone and controller must be on to get that info)
When app opens initially and shows a FIRMWARE UPDATE REQUIRED button in top center (red button), tapping that will bring up the updating screen.
I only use DJI go app to service firmware upgrades, Personally LITCHI is the best flight app to use. Check it out from playstore. It is the best for our precious Phantoms.

How to check app/drone version: dji go/ menu/bottom left icon(three dots)scroll down to bottom of that screen: about (about screen will show the versions installed (drone and controller must be on to get that info)
When app opens initially and shows a FIRMWARE UPDATE REQUIRED button in top center (red button), tapping that will bring up the updating screen.
I only use DJI go app to service firmware upgrades, Personally LITCHI is the best flight app to use. Check it out from playstore. It is the best for our precious Phantoms.

Trouble is mine doesn't do that at all ... 1. I have to force to get Update banner ... 2. It says it cannot get Firmware info. 3. If I leave it - it just says INITIALIZING - PLEASE WAIT and absolutely nothing happens.

Nigel

First, You have to flash the drone itself by copying the firmware version you want to use on the SD card, turn the drone on with the SD card inserted.. hum along to the buzzing and beeps till it changes tone. As for controller updating, make sure latest tablet/phone app of DJI go is updated through playstore or for IOS whatever means you apple dudes get apps. Then make sure mobile device is internet connected through WIFI, then accessing update screen and start prompts should be available. (This method is for Phantom 3 advanced/Pro)... Not sure what the procedure is for a STANDARD model type. I'm sure reading the PDF on other models from DJI on the website will clear up any issues in this matter.

Believe me - I don't know whats wrong here - but none of it works !!

Nigel

Try using a different sd card with only 1 version of firmware on it. THAT means a formatted card with just 1 .bin fine on it.
Yes only the firmware version desired, not many versions... and trying a different SD card may reveal the original card as faulty...(can happen)

Reactions: Philltayl
I have a number of cards incl. the original SanDisk supplied with the P3S ... tried them all as i thought it may be a slow or faulty card. Same results.

I format cards ... only the bin file of the version I want in the root ... yep - done all that.

I actually have GREEN steady light after restarting everything ... so really we are following a thread now that is worked out ?

What I really want to do is get rid of 1.07.0090 FW as I say in later thread. But it just refuses to go ... no matter how I try to downgrade ...

Nigel

I forgot to mention......the card must be formatted at a FAT32 file system not NTFS/ex-fat32

I have Win 10 64 bit but I use FAT32 when formatting to stay in line with all my older PC's such as working my Laser Cutter etc.

Nigel

I have a number of cards incl. the original SanDisk supplied with the P3S ... tried them all as i thought it may be a slow or faulty card. Same results.

I format cards ... only the bin file of the version I want in the root ... yep - done all that.

I actually have GREEN steady light after restarting everything ... so really we are following a thread now that is worked out ?

What I really want to do is get rid of 1.07.0090 FW as I say in later thread. But it just refuses to go ... no matter how I try to downgrade ...

Nigel

ok

You could get a bit radical with it if you are familiar with some UNIX command line stuff but it will most likely 'brick' the P3 .

The P3 OS is a version of Unix and performing a rm -rf command in the root directory will wipe everything.........but BEWARE!!!!!! this is a radical solution and I don't know what the result will be other than the entire OS will be gone.

Are you saying flashing a earlier firmware version does not take? And format card IN the drone.. let the drone format it as it likes.

Are you saying flashing a earlier firmware version does not take? And format card IN the drone.. let the drone format it as it likes.

Yep ..... The AC says OK and gives a little green light ----- but the link just refuses to work and I have no control at all. Only camera tilt by DJi Go ... nothing else. The RC has a GREEN light saying linked .... the AC link light stays RED regardless of how many times or ways I try to relink.

I've tried formatting IN the AC ... formatting on my PC to FAT32 ... I really have tried it all.

Yep ..... The AC says OK and gives a little green light ----- but the link just refuses to work and I have no control at all. Only camera tilt by DJi Go ... nothing else. The RC has a GREEN light saying linked .... the AC link light stays RED regardless of how many times or ways I try to relink.

I've tried formatting IN the AC ... formatting on my PC to FAT32 ... I really have tried it all.
Look at this: remote won't link

Nice link and I would love that to be solution ...

But how can I upgrade RC if all is working on this BETA 1.07 crap ? I can understand if I have 1.06.08 on the AC and some earlier on the RC ..

Lets say I install 1.06.08 to the AC ... how can I push the controller BACK in FW ? so I can link up ?

Nigel

Don't know how to revert controller firmware... can you see versions installed in ABOUT screen in dji go? (drone and controller) Drone and controller need to be on compatible versions. Controller updates through wifi dji go app, so Try to figure out if controller is on latest version.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31