AC name change on DJI GO...

Reaction score
Hi all you clever Phantom pilots.

It seems that 99% of all questions asked here get a correct answer. Can one of you please tell me if you can change the name that you entered for your AC in the DJI app, and if so, how do you do it?

Thanks, and wishing you all a blue sky weekend!

Reactions: Arctroop
Yes you can....in the GO app. I haven't got mine with me at the moment, so I can't tell you exactly where, but when everything is connected and turned on, I think it's in the aircraft section of the app. It will show the name you originally used, and give the opportunity th change it.

I changed the name of mine once I got it all set up. Now I get duplicate flight logs in the DJI Go app, one under each name, and I can't find a way to delete the duplicate. If anyone has run into this and found a solution, I'd be grateful for any advice.

I believe you can change the name in General Settings (... in top-right corner) > About.

However, I wouldn't advise doing it. I changed the name of my P3S awhile back and now when I look at my flight logs, it shows that I have two drones, one with the old name and the other with the new name. New logs only get recorded under the new drone, and all my previous ones are listed under the old name. So the only way to look at them all at once is to view my whole profile. I've considered changing the name back to the old one and seeing if that merges them together, but I'm afraid it would create even more of a mess.

You can change the name if you want double logs and 2 names. Ha Ha Perhaps you should have read the manual a bit before naming your craft.
captain kush

You can change the name if you want double logs and 2 names. Ha Ha Perhaps you should have read the manual a bit before naming your craft.
captain kush
... In your last post you said it wasn't possible, and now you're saying that is, and that the double logs issue is something that can be found in the manual.

I don't see how "reading the manual" would have allowed me to know that the DJI GO app would start duplicating things.
The double logs and two drones thing is a bug (or just really bad design), which I'm sure is not mentioned in the manual.

When I set my bird up I remember it specifically said that when you activate your account that you could not change it later so to choose wisely.
You did not read the manual and now you have double logs. Meaning that you activated another account for the same bird. I can definately see how reading the manual would have helped prevent this for you. The above reply you quoted was sarcasm. Maybe you should try naming it a third time. More sarcasm. Then you say I dont see how reading the manual could have helped. Or you could have read the manual , It would have helped, it helped me.
captain kush

When I set my bird up I remember it specifically said that when you activate your account that you could not change it later so to choose wisely.
You did not read the manual and now you have double logs. Meaning that you activated another account for the same bird. I can definately see how reading the manual would have helped prevent this for you. The above reply you quoted was sarcasm. Maybe you should try naming it a third time. More sarcasm. Then you say I dont see how reading the manual could have helped. Or you could have read the manual , It would have helped, it helped me.Ha Ha
captain kush
Having the app say you can't change the name when you first set it up isn't the same as something out of the manual. The option to change the name hasn't always been available, so you probably set yours up before they added the option, or maybe they did mention it in an older version of the manual.

Yes, I did read the manual, and un-official user created guides, and YouTube videos, and a number of other sources of information. I just now downloaded the latest manual from the DJI website and searched for anything regarding changing the name of the aircraft, and couldn't find anything. If you know where such info is located in the latest manual, please point it out.

Not trying to start a big argument or anything, apologies if I'm coming across that way.

Dude, I did not mean to be a jerk ,sometimes it just comes out that way. Was just saying that when I read the manual before I set it up my wife wanted to name the bird, I remember it saying that you could not change the name so choose wisely. Syd Barrett is what it got named, I remember her being concerned that if it ever got sold the name could not be changed by the new owner. I just said dont worry about it.
It seems that you can physically change the name in the software or whatever, I only know this because you have done it, but you end up with double logs, I wasnt very helpful telling you to read the manual after the fact, so i apologize for coming off like a jerk.
captain kush

Dude, I did not mean to be a jerk ,sometimes it just comes out that way. Was just saying that when I read the manual before I set it up my wife wanted to name the bird, I remember it saying that you could not change the name so choose wisely. Syd Barrett is what it got named, I remember her being concerned that if it ever got sold the name could not be changed by the new owner. I just said dont worry about it.
It seems that you can physically change the name in the software or whatever, I only know this because you have done it, but you end up with double logs, I wasnt very helpful telling you to read the manual after the fact, so i apologize for coming off like a jerk.
captain kush
Ah, I see. Apologies for getting defensive, it can be difficult to tell what tone someone is using sometimes via text only.

Anyway, I wish it would have given a warning or something about the double logs. :p I guess I'm just stuck with it.

Try a google search on the topic ,you may be able to turn up a long lost post on a fix. I hope you can resolve it. I can only imagine that having double logs going on that it might tax yours or someone else's device they are using to fly. I have a question, when I video my IPAD caches the last 3 to 5 gigs {not sure on how much exactly} of the video I took, then I can review it in the dji app, being that you are getting double logs because the app thinks you have 2 birds does it give you two copies of the video? If so that could be a large problem by using up space.
captain kush

Try a google search on the topic ,you may be able to turn up a long lost post on a fix. I hope you can resolve it. I can only imagine that having double logs going on that it might tax yours or someone else's device they are using to fly. I have a question, when I video my IPAD caches the last 3 to 5 gigs {not sure on how much exactly} of the video I took, then I can review it in the dji app, being that you are getting double logs because the app thinks you have 2 birds does it give you two copies of the video? If so that could be a large problem by using up space.
captain kush
Not exactly, I said "double logs", but the correct wording would be "double drones". It shows two drones, one with the old name and another with the new. All flight logs previous to the name change show up under the drone with the old name, and all new logs show up under the drone with the new name. So it doesn't create two logs on each new flight, it's just showing that I own two different drones.

I downloaded the logs via iTunes File Sharing and to my surprise the name of the drone associated with the log is in plain text, so I'm seeing if I can change the name within the log file to the new name, and import it back into the DJI GO app.

I experimented with editing the files and importing them back, but unfortunately it didn't work as I expected.
I cleared my changes and synced it back to the way it was. It looks like unless DJI does something, it's just something I'll have to ignore.

Hey M W , When I got home from work I googled how to erase a second name on a dji drone, This is one of the first posts I opened. Hope it actually works for you
DJI Go: deleting a changed (old) drone name
I believe that would work if you wanted to totally delete the second drone and all logs associated with it. However, I don't want to delete those logs, but rather merge them all into one drone, which I don't believe is currently possible.

Thanks anyway though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.