Above the fog and behind the geese

Reaction score
Fog means the air is fairly still. Although it's wet and above the sea I tried to get steady shots and got some nice low shots above the water sneaking up on geese. Too bad you couldnt see the prop wash in the video, it's impressive. Have a look:

http://youtu.be/4KJ4iEKt6Do

cheers

Very smooth flying.
Did you have a gimbal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No gimbal, but shot in 60fps, played back in 30 fps and stabilized in Final Cut Pro. Basically you hold a shot for a few seconds move the phantom take another shot. Moving shots have to be very short and stable to be usable. Gimbals are expensive, heavy, and overrated. I figure for every minute of video I shoot, I select 10 seconds to use. Properly edited it can do a very good job of making a story.

Roadkilt said:
No gimbal, but shot in 60fps, played back in 30 fps and stabilized in Final Cut Pro. Basically you hold a shot for a few seconds move the phantom take another shot. Moving shots have to be very short and stable to be usable. Gimbals are expensive, heavy, and overrated. I figure for every minute of video I shoot, I select 10 seconds to use. Properly edited it can do a very good job of making a story.

You'd be surprised how much a difference a gimbal would have made tho, you could have shot at 30fps, had a tremendous amount more useable footage, and not have had to have stabilized in FCP, and had less jello to deal with.

Nice video, love the fog adds so much to the atmosphere. I am just editing up a video I shot in a rainforest in the mist, though its still possible to get good shots without a gimbal I am still getting one. It will let me get more shots I want rather then just the ones that turned out better due to less control inputs and other things that take away from a particular shot. It also allows more adventurous flying to get some different perspectives yet stay perfectly stable and no need for any post stabilization if you get a good one like the DJI.

Great Video............what mount are you using? Where did you get your music from...pretty cool beat.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31