About to purchase P3

Reaction score
I have a buyer for my vision plus and am ready to make the decision to go for the 3.
Now that it has been out a while I figure they must have any issues cleared up. How are they working for you guys? What have you found to be pros and cons?

Versus the P2V2+, none. You'll enjoy the upgrade. The top issues/concerns are based on reduced functionality (ie. Transmission channels) or broken functionality due to app or firmware updates. Otherwise it's solid and still best in class!

I have a buyer for my vision plus and am ready to make the decision to go for the 3.
Now that it has been out a while I figure they must have any issues cleared up. How are they working for you guys? What have you found to be pros and cons?

Honestly I would bid my time until DJI updates the DJI GO app to provide the promised HL, POI, And way points. These are all provided on the P2 but only promised on the P3 and Inspire 1, promised for at least 6 months.:)

My P3P is my first drone, other than reading this forum and learning from these pros, it almost flys itself.

Hello there,
I think that you will be in a state of shock when you first fly the Phantom 3.. if you get the 4k it is just so capable...ease of use... the capability of it and if you are getting the advanced it is just as user friendly..the 12 meg side of the camera was doing some well lets just say some say it did not do the burst mode correctly for a while but I have had no issues at all with the p3p and just love this bird...my opinion is that we are all test pilots with the new Phantom 3 and are just braking so many barriers with this sUAS...!!! ;-)

My P3P is my 9th RC Multirotor aircraft (I don't use the "D" word).

These have included the QX200 and 350, several 250mm FPV racers and a DJI F450
with 2 cameras and a Vector flight controller. I was getting ready to build a 650mm Tarot frame for long range FPV flight using the PixHawk controller when I decided to buy a P3.

I am flying my P3P using an iPad Mini 3, with the new DJI GO app and the "32 channel hack" and have my batteries and controller all updated. My P3P flies great and easily can reach distances over 2 miles.

For FPV use I have installed the new HDMI upgrade board and use a set of HeadPlay and FatShark Dom HD goggles. Both work well.

I mention all this just as a reference point that illustrates just how good the P3 A/P really is. I could not have built my Tarot 650 for the cost of my new P3P, and I doubt it would fly as well.

I bought my P3P for mid distance FPV flight and it excels in that...
and it takes pretty nice pictures too ;)

:harry

I haven't had any problems with my P3P. The difference between a P2 and P3 is night and day. You'll be very happy when you upgrade :)

If you've got a high end pc or mac that can handle the 4k video from the P3P - I would go with that. Otherwise a P3A & you'll be able to get another battery or 2 for the same price

ccase39,
My P3P got sent back to Calif back around June 26, 2015, It arrived with Fireware version 1.1.9 and left to get fixed with version 1.2.6. My next door neighbor's P3P arrived yesterday and his is flying like and angel. I pulled up his Firmware Version today and his came with version 1.1.9. I am itching to get back in the game soon I hope.

The difference between the P2 and P3 is like the difference between coal-fired and turbo diesel.
The P3 is a huge evolutionary step upwards and just sells itself to anyone that tries it.
I had two P2 friends immediately put in orders for the P3 last week after trying my P3.

The difference between the P2 and P3 is like the difference between coal-fired and turbo diesel.
The P3 is a huge evolutionary step upwards and just sells itself to anyone that tries it.
I had two P2 friends immediately put in orders for the P3 last week after trying my P3.
Double Post :D:D:D:D:Don the same thread:p:p:p:p:p Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic