About to purchase a P3 rules and regulations holding me back

Reaction score
I've been learning how to fly on a pair of small quads. I want to get involved with photos and videos, but with new regulations and probably more to come I've held back purchasing a P3.

I've been learning how to fly on a pair of small quads. I want to get involved with photos and videos, but with new regulations and probably more to come I've held back purchasing a P3.

while you will hear and read a lot a hysteria and so forth it is not that bad..lol

get you r quad and enjoy, the prices are great and the p3 is an awesome lineup of quads that work well.

common sense and a little caution on your part will let you have fun for a long time to come

enjoy it.

Good luck and have fun flying

Reactions: rene van der meer
PAPPY92, what rule would limit you to make video's and photo's?
I would worry to much either. The rules are just common sense and safety rules. You would probably respect them if they were not mandatory.
Just enjoy flying with the P3. It does not compare to cheap quad. You will have great fun, I am sure!

It held me back initially but after monitoring it for awhile the rules and regulations seem to be getting better.

IMO it's like the razor scooter and roller blades and how they wanted to regulate those because of all of the problems. As more people use them and the concern over public safety eases it should get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That turned me right off. My rural back yard that is surrounded by forest was in an authorization zone
because I am 4 miles away from a mini airport. But DJI changed the map and the airport became a small no fly zone and did not affect me.
I purchased a couple days later.

My hopes are the 4.4lb regulation that is forthcoming will not be constrictive and keep "micro drones" free to fly!
It's not so much the weight that bothers me, it's where I can fly. Even a smaller drone with a camera will have the same restrictions where I can use it. I'm from Long Island.

while you will hear and read a lot a hysteria and so forth it is not that bad..lol

get you r quad and enjoy, the prices are great and the p3 is an awesome lineup of quads that work well.

common sense and a little caution on your part will let you have fun for a long time to come

enjoy it.

Good luck and have fun flying
I'm waiting for a local to read this and let me know where they fly . This is a very populated island.

I'm waiting for a local to read this and let me know where they fly . This is a very populated island.

If you live in a normal residential area You should be good, Just go for it ,
any small park , or baseball , soccer ,fields all work fine..
take short flights till you get comfortable with control

I open my garage door walk 20feet down drive and take off or back porch deck, been doing since 2014 not a single issue or complaint. a least 4 of my neighbor have stopped over while I was out and checked it out, all good.
1 even had me fly over his house and do a shoot , then send him photos.

hec yesterday was super nice . sunny, 60+ but winds gusting 0ver 20 so I didnt fly.

But last night about midnight the winds were at less than 5 and temps were still almost 50 so I did take a great 10 minute flight around area and up to the interstate exchange( lots of lights and stuff) no problem!

good luck and have fun flying

I

It's not so much the weight that bothers me, it's where I can fly. Even a smaller drone with a camera will have the same restrictions where I can use it. I'm from Long Island.

Maybe something about Long Island I don't know but what makes that special.

don't hey have schools and parks and small wooded areas somewhere?
do homes have yards and streets like my neighborhood or are you in a downtown/business area.

You do not need a desert to fly, just common sense and care

good luck

Hi guys! I'm new here .. p3Advanced newbie! .. I'm about to register my quad with our local aviation authority where I live. I'd like to know if after registering it, does it give them a better ability to track me? They just require the unit's serial number in order to register me, and of course my identification. Any light shone on the matter would be appreciated! Also, how do I start a thread here? In case I have other doubts? Thanks guys! D

Hi guys! I'm new here .. p3Advanced newbie! .. I'm about to register my quad with our local aviation authority where I live. I'd like to know if after registering it, does it give them a better ability to track me? They just require the unit's serial number in order to register me, and of course my identification. Any light shone on the matter would be appreciated! Also, how do I start a thread here? In case I have other doubts? Thanks guys! D
You have to give them your address and contact information and then mark the numbers on the P3. The battery compartment is OK. If someone finds it, or it falls on their kid, the registration number should lead to YOU.

They can only "track you" to the extent of someone giving them the registration number off it for some reason. Hopefully it could be because you lost it or something. If you disrupted the Super Bowl or something, then yes they'd track you down and fine you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1