about to order a Phantom 3 advanced

Reaction score
After dragging my foot for weeks Im about to pull the trigger and order my P3 advanced
there are several reputable sellers including BEST BUY on ebay selling them for $999 shipped which seems like a pretty decent deal to me

I had looked originally at a P2 vison plus but the lightbridge on the P3 really has me sold

Im just a little hesitant with hearing reports of malfunction etc

anyone care to chime in?
im a total noob to quad copters ive done a fair amount of research maybe not super in depth
but read and watched lots of videos

I live in a very rural area and have a nice wide open field to learn to maneuver it

I recently bought the P3A and I love it. After 12 days of ownership, I've racked a little over 2.5 hours of total flight time and I have experienced very few malfunctions or disturbances with the quadcopter.

The software really makes the P3A noob-proof with all of the safety features (10% autoland, tells you when you should RTH, auto RTH when signal lost, etc). Just be sure to read the manual thoroughly, pre-flight the quadcopter before every flight, fly in safe conditions, and you should be all set.

My only complaint with the P3A is that occasionally the horizon is tilted, but that can be fixed when I edit my videos and photos afterwards. Hope this helps!

Most I can say is go with a good seller someone who will stand behind the sale .
Forums are loaded with problems not good things . Read the manual do preflight check take it slow and be safe . Some are pushing old stock so watch who you order from . Good place good people DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter with 1080p Camera CP.PT.000160
Welcome to the forum .

Reactions: dirkclod
JRUSH311, just make sure you purchase from an authorized DJI dealer. DJI may not honor your warranty if you purchase elsewhere. There are many authorized DJI dealers with P3As in stock for $999 here:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/Available?#P3A

Why is "old stock" bad
A p3a is a p3a correct?
They had some problems with the shell's getting stress cracks around the motors .
P3A is a P3A if ordered from a authorized dealer like stated above .

Order placed from Sportsman Outfitters
hes an official DJI authorised dealer

If I develop the stress cracks do they warranty it?

any recommendations on an SD card size?

Also , do you
Guys think prop guards are worth it?
Or not really important?

Buy Dig was selling P3A for $850 just recently... I'm really not sure I would pull the trigger for $999 in addition to paying tax. That's $250 more than you need to spend.

Also , do you
Guys think prop guards are worth it?
Or not really important?

Prop guards impact your flight times and create turbulence problems. Most of the time, you don't want them.

But in certain situations, they are important. If you are flying close to a building, car, fence, people, animals, etc, you want prop guards. When your Phantom props touch a building, you will most likely see your Phantom plummet to the ground like a rock. With prop guards, it's not an issue. It will save you from small bumps.

I would definitely recommend an additional memory card. It needs to be a high quality card that can handle the recording speeds. Perhaps there's even a thread on recommended cards somewhere on this forum?

Already order the p3a $970

And this card

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 285

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member