About to buy ph3 looking for advise

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Looks like I'm way too late to join the phantom club & life.
I have almost decided to buy PH3 Pro with cam kit along with 2 batteries.
However I'm not sure how well this is going to work for my purpose...

I have some good flying experience with low end drones in range of 100-250$, these are like toys, but I'm pretty much good about the concept and basic of flying, and flying has been always a dream!

So, I mainly wish to spend next 1-2 years of my life, flying drone, making freelance videos, events , weddings, for tourism etc ..I mean I'm a freak would like to capture everything.
I'm a traveler, passionate photographer & explorer as well apart from main stream line business.

lets cut the crap out! point is ...
As the main motive is to travel across country and make videos and sell ! and probably aboard and get connected with natgeo discovery also down the line...

So I go with Ph3 pro with camera kit ?
Or so I put 1 time more money into DJI S1000 and make it way too hi-tech professional start?
Price is difference between model with all extra accessories is about 1500 USD , but the weight lifting capacity of S1000 is about 8 Kg and we can also mount heavy DSLRs for Ultra quality videos and picture capture..

But spending 1500 on that is really worth it ? or Ph3 pro should a good job as well?
I see ph3 pro with cam gimble lifting capacity is about 600 gm only?

I would also like to know how easy it is to get permission to fly and capture nature in other countries, specially in asian countries being a traveler or freelancer photographer etc ..

This is my first post, I'm over excited and looking seriously into making a small temporarily career out of it and getting away from this monotonous business life...!

What do you think? any modification in my ideas?

Thanks a ton in advance!
Ankur

First off if you are in the U.S. And you plan on doing commercial work and do this as a business which sells the videos and photos your going to need to get an exemption. With out it from the FAA you can't legally do commercial work. I'd start by getting all the permits and licenses together. Then determine which Phantom meets your needs.Good luck!

Hello,
sorry, I'm from India forgot to mention that.
over here, I'm working on permit and licenses.. even without that, Govt will not object much or say trouble even if they catch me flying without permits, in beach/jungle/ waterfall etc areas.

So, Please what do you think ph3 pro or directly kick off with s1000?

thanks!

That's going to really depend on your need's and your pocketbook. The s1000 is considered to be the Professional Octocopter spreading wings. It uses the go pro camera of your choice. However, you can get the P3 with the 4K or even now the 2.7k camera at a much better cost.
For me I would start small and at less cost to see how it goes and how I do. If I did good and the $$$ were comming in I might jump up to the higher level if the need was there. With the photos and video the 3 is turning out who knows.
You may want to get some other opinions before making your decision.
Good luck in your new venture.

go with the phantom3 professional.
that is what i did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31