About to buy a P4P

Reaction score
G'day all,
I have just registered on the forum so i'm new to drones so please forgive my lack of knowledge. I have been thinking of buying a drone for a while after seeing some videos. As i'm retiring in about 18months i wanted to get into photography and using a drone has gotten my imagination revving. My wife and i are travelling down to our son's farm next week to help out as our young grandson has been involved in a terrible accident. He was using a hydraulic logsplitter and had his thumb completely severed, so we are heading there to help where ever we can. I started thinking, what a fantastic place to learn to use a drone with it's wide open spaces !!
My first order of business is to buy a drone and after much research i have decided to buy a DJI Phantom 4 Pro. I hae checked out the prices from various retail outlets here in Aust and i have to admit, the good ol' Ebay is way cheaper. I'm hoping to order one online this weekend. I will also order a spare battery and a carry case of some description as well as a set of filters. I'm sure the accessories will probably not be the best of choices at this stage but as they're not big $$ items, i can easily upgrade later on. The main thing is to take advantage of our trip to the farm so i can get started and practise learning to fly etc. As i get into it more i will certainly be looking for advice on a whole range of questions but anything you can suggest at the moment would be hugely appreciated !! Cheers..... SharpShooter.

Buyimg from eBay will save you money use front however you will have issues if you need to make a warranty claim. DWI has some good pricing with the benefit of taking care of warranty issues (they ship from HK but have a presence in Sydney). They are well established and the in house warranty service is goiod. Either that or find the best price you can from an AUS based seller that has a retail presence and stock and ask one of the bigger outfits for a price match.

Ok, checked out DJI Aust and talked with a guy online. Yup, they are $600 dearer. You're right tevek, that's a chunk of money that i don't have right now !! I just took With The Birds advise just now and checked out DWI. It's Hong Kong based and i have dealt with them before when i bought my Nikon D600 camera some years back. They were cheaper than anywhere else i could find at the time here in Qld and their delivery times were quicker from Hong Kong than from down south in Aust. So it looks like i'm going to order it online through DWI. Cheers.

Reactions: Loz
I was suspicious initially also, had several smooth transactions with them though. Shipping is quick as long as the item is listed as in stock.

I'm going to ring their local number shortly and confirm they have stock as per their web info. Do I need another phantom after spending a considerable amount to get my P4 to where I'm happy? Probably not, but given the extra features the P4P has and the DWI pricing, I'm going to have to do it.

Well, after a lot of B/S trying to buy it online from DWI i finally got it ordered. It was probably the limit on my credit card that kept failing the transaction. I finally got around the problem by direct debit. I also noticed that DWI has only got the spare batteries for the P4 and not the P4P otherwise i would have ordered one of those too. DJI Aust reckons the P4P comes with a carry bag of some description. Can anyone tell me if it does or should i order one online ?? Cheers guys.

Well, after a lot of B/S trying to buy it online from DWI i finally got it ordered. It was probably the limit on my credit card that kept failing the transaction. I finally got around the problem by direct debit. I also noticed that DWI has only got the spare batteries for the P4 and not the P4P otherwise i would have ordered one of those too. DJI Aust reckons the P4P comes with a carry bag of some description. Can anyone tell me if it does or should i order one online ?? Cheers guys.
DWI is a bit on the hungry side for the batteries at present, try DJI Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery

Thanks for that mate. I gather that's the battery for the P4 and not the P4P ?? Would it make much difference to flying time etc using this battery ?? You're an absolute mine of information and i thank you so much for all your help !! The beers are on me !! Lol.

Thanks for that mate. I gather that's the battery for the P4 and not the P4P ?? Would it make much difference to flying time etc using this battery ?? You're an absolute mine of information and i thank you so much for all your help !! The beers are on me !! Lol.
It's about 10% less, pay about $50 more and you can get the high capacity pack- still cheaper than DWI ATM (perhaps use it for a price match somewhere else).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik