About frame rates, PAL vs NTSC

Reaction score
I just got my Phantom 3 pro. Setting it up I selected PAL as the system as I am in Europe (Finland). However all the frame rates were not available with PAL. The frame rates specified at DJI's site became available when I selected NTSC instead.

My question is, does it really matter? I will post process everything obviously and my intention is for most of the time film 3840 x 2160 at 60 fps and slow it down to 24 or 25 fps in post for a smooth look. Any thoughts?

Likely for non technical stuff, ie. usual and customary enjoyment, I don't think it really matters.

If you aren't doing 3D animation, I'm not sure a consumer would see any difference.

You could maybe get in trouble with a lower refresh rate and different fps rates with flicker and 60 vs 50 vertical but I dont have any real experience to offer.

Thanks for the reply. For the most part no 3D, although I am a 3D animator... And I can always adjust my frame rate in 3ds Max anyway should the situation arise.

Whereabouts in Ontario are you? We have good friends who live in Strathroy and I have spent several months there, coming again this year (like every year!).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31