About altitude to take sthots for a farmland

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does any one of you know which is the recommended altitude to take aerial pictures for a farmland, I have an assignment about a large palm tree crop and I have many ideas, but some advises will be highly appreciated. This become my first contract about aerial photography.

thanks for your help

There is no way on earth I would be flying my Phantom around over cropland in Columbia lol :eek:
Its hard to answer this question and its something you will have to ask your customer. For example high altitude you will get a view of more of the area but in less detail. Do they want to get an idea of crop locations or just the size of the property. These are the things you need to ask the customer not us.

DJIp2v said:
Hi guys,

Does any one of you know which is the recommended altitude to take aerial pictures for a farmland, I have an assignment about a large palm tree crop and I have many ideas, but some advises will be highly appreciated. This become my first contract about aerial photography.

thanks for your help
You will only discover this by building your filming expertise by flying and seeing for yourself. Your customers brief would be your starting point. I've gone from 25m to 300m depending on what you want to capture and your cameras FOV. Its really beyond this forum to offer anything more, only you know your subject - we do not.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Changing subject slightly, I cringe when I see video of someone flying near cows, horses or even sheep and spooking them.

Even if they are your own animals it does not look good and the fact 'it won't hurt them' is beside the point if they crowd through a gate, get injured or damage fences fleeing from it.
Best keep well clear at all times.

If you go over really high and they can't hear it you should be OK.
The bizarre thing is my cows take little notice of low flying jets and helicopters even when they are almost as low as the phantom!
It's just something different, and I have a suspicion the buzzing sound is similar to attacking insects or something :lol:

DJIp2v said:
This become my first contract about aerial photography.

thanks for your help

What's our percentage? :mrgreen:

Thanks IrishSights for your advice, I've been doing some aerial pictures since November last year when I got my P2V, since then, the main activity has been for construction and real state, now this assignment is new challenge for me and thanks to all of you, and your advises I have a better idea how to get a good looking aerial picture from the beginning with no doubt. this weekend I´ll do some examples with different altitudes and see how they looks, this information will be discussed with the customer and he will choose the appropriate one.

Thanks to all of you!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers