abort misson or take back control

Reaction score
i have a question but just want to make sure im clear on what to do in case of an emergency. if you are flying way points and the aircraft is in a mission and starts to act weirdly....how can you take back control? do you just switch into atti or manuel mode?

what if you switch off your transmitter will it go into fail safe..

also this is a major concern of mine....what speed should i set the altitude if your taking off from the ground? i did my first way point mission yesterday with the s800evo....i was cared but all went well......im havnig a hard time trusting my machine and equipment....just keep thinking something bad is going to happen

I managed to re-take control with the hand controller flicking the S1 switch down and up. This was when I had lost GS comms. If you still had GS comms you should be able to cancel the course on the ipad and it should switch to hover.
I have noticed weird behaviour if you reach a waypoint but are not at the waypoint height. It assends but also wobbles and yaws quite a bit until the correct height is reached.
Cheers
Rob.

I've had problems with my flights (a long story posted elsewhere) and have had to retake control on a number of occasions. I just flick quickly from GPS to ATTI to GPS and it does the trick. Or, as suggested above, hit Pause on the iPad. Personally, I prefer the first method as it seems very quick and reliable.

I think it's also worth pointing out that if you are flying with a third party transmitter that doesn't have a self centring throttle stick to ensure it is in the centre before switching modes otherwise it will drop.

Regards

Nidge

Nidge, the suggestion to center the throttle ought to be at the top of the list for learning to use the Ground Station. I learned this lesson the hard way and broke my landing gear twice by switching to ATTI at about 50 feet AGL. I slammed the stick to full throttle when the Phantom dropped -- and it basically did a huge bounce off of the ground, snapping a landing strut.

Nidge said:
I think it's also worth pointing out that if you are flying with a third party transmitter that doesn't have a self centring throttle stick to ensure it is in the centre before switching modes otherwise it will drop.

Regards

Nidge

what shoulg the vertical take off speed be? desecending is now i think 1.5 meters persecond.....a falling object free fall i9s around 9.8 meters per secend...about 100 mph

Using the iPad ground station I don't change the default take-off speed as it seems reasonable, whatever it is -- in fact, I didn't realize you could. :)

Speaking of speed... I assume that faster flying draws down the battery faster. But, is there an optimum speed for better miles-per-watt, such as driving 55 mph on the highway for best fuel mileage?

propwash3d said:
what shoulg the vertical take off speed be? desecending is now i think 1.5 meters persecond.....a falling object free fall i9s around 9.8 meters per secend...about 100 mph

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj