Abnormal Update???

Reaction score
Members-
Today I upgraded with the new transmitter and the binding went well. While I was connected
with the computer I did the new software update to ver 3.12. Anytime I do an update I always do
an advanced IMU calibration. The green bar was moving as it usually does and stops about 3/4
way and hangs. I waited 30 min. and it just quit. Shut everything down including the computer
and rebooted. Connected everything up and received a message calibration needed. This time
everything went normal. Everything seems normal. I went to my normal takeoff point and started
up and all systems good. Did the compass dance and ended with 7 sats. When I took off- it
hovered at 10 ft. and did a hard bank to the right and flew uncontrollable to a tree 40 ft. away
at full speed and my sticks were centered.
This Phantom is 6 months old and maybe 40 flights. I have never had a problem and
really trusted it.
Was this error in IMU calibration a warning? Should I have reinstalled the update- if
this is possible?
Thanks- Al

Ok- This is what I have done-
1- Purge computer of the DJI software
2- Installed fresh software
3- Opened up the Phantom to check for damage and connections
4- Hooked up the Phantom and went thru the whole process
(Calibrated everything)
5- New Props

Now to build up nerve enough to try again!!!
As you can see- this was my first major crash- I could not
believe the phantom could move that fast!!!

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

The failed IMU calibration would be due to it being to warm after waiting for the update.
So it didn't compete and correctly told you it needed doing.

The very high K index for past many hours might be implicated but should only have resulted in loss of GPS and going into ATTI mode rather than a sudden powered move sideways - but not sure that can be ruled out.
There is little feedback as to what exactly can happen if the GPS signal is being seriously affected.

ohJ3u6B.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1