Abnormal movement in landing

Reaction score
Hello everybody,my phantom is 3 advanved,today at the time of landing on of propellers met my hand very slow and it began to abnormal noise so immediately I turned off my phantom but I observed that,that motor is very hot,I leave it for some time and again I turned on my phantom with new propellers,every thing became normal again,there wasn't any abnormal sound,the temperature of motor was ok and etc.
But just at the time of landing it goes to one side suddenly.I don't know where is the problem....
5_2x.gif

And unfortunately in my country There is no dji service center...
If anyone help me I will be very grateful.thank you

Hello everybody,my phantom is 3 advanved,today at the time of landing on of propellers met my hand very slow and it began to abnormal noise so immediately I turned off my phantom but I observed that,that motor is very hot,I leave it for some time and again I turned on my phantom with new propellers,every thing became normal again,there wasn't any abnormal sound,the temperature of motor was ok and etc.
But just at the time of landing it goes to one side suddenly.I don't know where is the problem....
5_2x.gif

And unfortunately in my country There is no dji service center...
If anyone help me I will be very grateful.thank you

What kind of help do you need? Maybe someone to hold you up while you remove the gear you wear while flying the drone?

What kind of help do you need? Maybe someone to hold you up while you remove the gear you wear while flying the drone?

Where is the problem?why at the time of landing it goes to one side suddenly?
This is that help which I want please

Where is the problem?why at the time of landing it goes to one side suddenly?
This is that help which I want please
Did you use the CSC to stop your motors when you landed? If so, that's why it tipped. CSC is well known to cause tip overs when used to shut down the motors after landing. We always tell people to use only left stick down for three seconds to stop motors once landed.

If autolanding causes a tip over it might be that the surface you ar landing on isn't level

I would be tempted to take the motor out they was overheating and check to see if there is any visual sign of overheated insulation on the windings. It may be damaged. I would keep a close eye on things for a while (don't fly to far away or over any are you would be concerned about crashing) as the ESC may be on its way out from the Over current.

Reactions: JoBe
If autolanding causes a tip over it might be that the surface you ar landing on isn't level

I would be tempted to take the motor out they was overheating and check to see if there is any visual sign of overheated insulation on the windings. It may be damaged. I would keep a close eye on things for a while (don't fly to far away or over any are you would be concerned about crashing) as the ESC may be on its way out from the Over current.
Thank you for your information
But the Surface is completely level and now when I turn it on,there in no abnormal sound from motor,and also the temperature of motor is okey,do you think I need the motor change in this condition??

But the Surface is completely level and now when I turn it on,there in no abnormal sound from motor,and also the temperature of motor is okey,do you think I need the motor change in this condition??
I would be more worried about the ESC (motor speed control) circuitry long term reliability. There have been many instances where people have had issues similar to yours and things seemed normal after until they had an ESC failure. One I recall on this forum was where a user launched from his balcony and flew into a cloth on the clothes line causing a motor obstruction. Flew fine for a week before getting the dreaded ESC failure. I'm not suggesting you need to be paranoid I would just err on the side of caution untill you can be confident all is good. I would go to an open area and (no cars, houses or people) and give it a couple of hard runs so I knew I could trust it. Think of It like an audio amplifier that has had a shorted output. It may play fine at low volume after the event but the output transistors may fail when you drive it hard.

Reactions: Pouria Moradi
I would be more worried about the ESC (motor speed control) circuitry long term reliability. There have been many instances where people have had issues similar to yours and things seemed normal after until they had an ESC failure. One I recall on this forum was where a user launched from his balcony and flew into a cloth on the clothes line causing a motor obstruction. Flew fine for a week before getting the dreaded ESC failure. I'm not suggesting you need to be paranoid I would just err on the side of caution untill you can be confident all is good. I would go to an open area and (no cars, houses or people) and give it a couple of hard runs so I knew I could trust it. Think of It like an audio amplifier that has had a shorted output. It may play fine at low volume after the event but the output transistors may fail when you drive it hard.
Again I checked it,all isolations of motors was good and I span all motors by hand and I abserved that,2 of motors span a bit hardly than others,I don't know Is it normal or not....

Last edited:
Did you use the CSC to stop your motors when you landed? If so, that's why it tipped. CSC is well known to cause tip overs when used to shut down the motors after landing. We always tell people to use only left stick down for three seconds to stop motors once landed.

Again I checked it,all isolations of motors was good and I span all motors by hand and I abserved that,2 of motors span a bit hardly than others,I don't know Is it normal or not....

All of the motors should feel the same when you spin them by hand. If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that two of the motors are now harder to turn. If it were me, I would replace those two motors for both safety and for peace of mind. New motors are relatively cheap to buy compared to losing your P3 to a serious crash.

If you decide to replace the motors, be careful to get the same style (old or new) as well as the correct rotation (CW or CCW). Since your P3 tipped over on to two motors, my guess is that you'll need one of each rotation. Only you know for sure, so please be careful.

There are threads and videos explaining the process for replacement.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Cheers!

All of the motors should feel the same when you spin them by hand. If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that two of the motors are now harder to turn. If it were me, I would replace those two motors for both safety and for peace of mind. New motors are relatively cheap to buy compared to losing your P3 to a serious crash.

If you decide to replace the motors, be careful to get the same style (old or new) as well as the correct rotation (CW or CCW). Since your P3 tipped over on to two motors, my guess is that you'll need one of each rotation. Only you know for sure, so please be careful.

There are threads and videos explaining the process for replacement.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Cheers!
Thank you for your great information,and also thank you for Your attention,I will change my motors and again I will informed you about the results
Good luck and I have best wishes for you,Merry Christmas
Cheers

Reactions: Oso
Thank you for your great information,and also thank you for Your attention,I will change my motors and again I will informed you about the results
Good luck and I have best wishes for you,Merry Christmas
Cheers

Personally I would prefer to view some data on my motors before replacing them.

pouriamotor.jpg

Personally I would prefer to view some data on my motors before replacing them.

View attachment 71245
If it tipped over and the motors stopped, made loud noises, got really hot and now don't turn freely, is it worth it to look at data? Isn't all that already enough to swap out a motor? What else would I look for if this happened to me? A smell maybe? Does the data give a clear good or bad reading? Thank you.

That's why I have Prop Guards. I would be more interested in what could happen if you were Not to bring the throttle stick down straight, say maybe an angle too the right or left I don't hand catch or use Auto take off and landing

If it tipped over and the motors stopped, made loud noises, got really hot and now don't turn freely, is it worth it to look at data? Isn't all that already enough to swap out a motor? What else would I look for if this happened to me? A smell maybe? Does the data give a clear good or bad reading? Thank you.

I don't know what aircraft you have, but what you described is not going to do that with a P3P or P3A. Unlike the older phantom model's, these newer ones react different when a motor becomes restricted like during a tip over. The motors shut down as if they were clutch driven. My guess is the ESC senses a load and the propulsion system reduces power.

As you noted, the OP reported that his P3A tipped, made abnormal noises, and the motors got very hot. Then his motors wouldn't turn as freely as normal. For me if it were mine, changing motors would be a no brainer without hesitation. That's why I made that suggestion to him. Also yes, if it were very hot and smoking as we've seen reported here before, I'm sure it would smell.

Unfortunately, we've seen the "tip, squeal, overheat and smoke" thread more than a few times. One guy posted a very sad video of it happening to his. Another's got so hot it melted his shell. One of the frequent comments we've seen when this happens is that they tried to do a CSC after it tipped over and their P3 started squealing but the CSC didn't work as expected. Several have noted that they had to remove the battery to finally stop the motors and the squealing. I know that I was skeptical about the CSC not working after the reported tip overs, but after more and more people reported the same thing I realized that there must be truth to the reports. Here is one of the threads it was discussed.

Anyway, probably more than you asked for. Sorry to have been long winded. I hope somewhere in there you found an answer or I helped in a small way.

Reactions: JoBe
I don't know what aircraft you have, but what you described is not going to do that with a P3P or P3A. Unlike the older phantom model's, these newer ones react different when a motor becomes restricted like during a tip over. The motors shut down as if they were clutch driven. My guess is the ESC senses a load and the propulsion system reduces power.
I have an Advanced and love it. I did see from reading here that what the first poster described has happened multiple times. So yeah, maybe you missed those reports. It's all good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj