Abnormal Compass Data

Reaction score
When I plug my phantom 2 into the computer and run the assistant software, an error message pops up saying "abnormal compass data". In addition, when I turn my phantom and controller on to fly it, the LED lights turn solid red. In the assistant software under the tools tab, there is no compass data whatsoever. I had bought a new compass and was wondering if maybe that was the problem. I also attached the larger legs for the phantom, so the compass has moved from it's original position on the smaller legs. I'm not sure what the problem is and I would appreciate anyone's help. I have attached the photo of my assistant software issue regarding the compass data.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 584
alegge said:
When I plug my phantom 2 into the computer and run the assistant software, an error message pops up saying "abnormal compass data". In addition, when I turn my phantom and controller on to fly it, the LED lights turn solid red. In the assistant software under the tools tab, there is no compass data whatsoever. I had bought a new compass and was wondering if maybe that was the problem. I also attached the larger legs for the phantom, so the compass has moved from it's original position on the smaller legs. I'm not sure what the problem is and I would appreciate anyone's help. I have attached the photo of my assistant software issue regarding the compass data.

You haven't mention if you had done a complete advanced IMU. If you haven't do so.

Yes in the assistant software under the TOOLS tab and do the ADVANCED IMU and not the basic. If message pops up saying it's to warm key the red X and calibration will continue. That warning message is an error.

lol flight and losse,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl