Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Abandoned Kings Park Psychiatric, Long Island, NY

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Jason Porembski, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Jason Porembski

During my first time at Kings Park Psychiatric exploring I wanted nothing more than a quad to get up and personal with these buildings, especially building 93. I had my chance the other day to see these monoliths, at least to us LIers, up close and personal. Great place to fly! Enjoy!

Building 93 Infirmary

Building 41/42/43 - The Quads

DMac likes this.
  2. DirtyHarry

Amazing video, I don't know any of the history of the place, but it seems to have been abandoned for a long time. Such a waste of great architecture

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. Jason Porembski

Thanks! It really is. In the large building (Building 93) it's amazing how much space is in there. Not sure how sound the building is itself. Lots of holes in the ceilings.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

4. asulliv54

Those Psychiatric Hospitals on Long Island were closed for one of many reasons,first they were built up to 75 yrs ago along with the Northport Veterans Hospital due to (what was called back then)shell shock and mentally ill soldiers returning from WW1 & WW2,now Central Islip,Pilgrim & Kings Park Psychiatric Hospitals are closed due to asbestos & Community Housing Psychiatric Patients.Which means they now roam our streets walking up & down them spaced out!!I worked at C.I 10 yrs until it closed then to Kings Park until they closed know getting ready to retire from Northport VAMC after 27 yrs,Thank Our Veterans

5. asulliv54

Hey Jason I went looking for you one Saturday morning couldn't find you,when do you go flying I would like to meet up with you I'm in Coram but work at the Veterans Medical Center so I know the area!call me(516-306-9881)

6. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Very cool! I am an URBEX fan so seeing these from the air was great.

7. Jason Porembski

I haven't been back to Kings Park since. I generally fly randomly. Never really planned.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app