A4 settings in photoshop cs6

Jay

Reaction score
Hi all
Has anyone printed photos at A4 size using photoshop cs6 ? If so I'd like to know how to set up the image size after cropping and what settings do you make just before printing out ?

Jay,

You shouldn't have to do to much resolution wise, Ive printed A3+ from the raw files and they look pretty good.

After cropping go to Image, then image size this will give the resolution and print size. Its probably going to say 72dpi and then whatever size you have cropped to.
Don't worry to much about the 72dpi as the print size shown will probably be bigger than A4 size.

if you then go to Print and check out the preview you will get an idea of how its going to look.

I thought i could just edit crop and print with setting the print size at the end on print setting screen.But when i tried that it said some of the image will be clipped off and as i had a small boarder that was no good.Then i looked on youtube and one man said you need to select crop then enter the width and height measurements of your print size then go to image size and enter the same figures there.

When you crop it is changing the image size, it wouldn't make sense to change them independently since you would basically be undoing what you had just done.

You can select aspect ration in the crop tool to whatever you want and then no matter the size of your image, it'll always "fit" to the page without clipping any of your image off, as Mark said, when you fit to page on the print out (as long as your printer prints all the way to the edge of the page, otherwise you need to add bleed which is a whole 'nother story).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl