A warning about activation would have been nice...

Reaction score
Make sure you've run through the activation process before leaving the house!

I was all excited this evening! The wind had dropped and it flying conditions were perfect.

So I drove round to my test field at the back of the house, hiked to the middle of it (almost falling over after skidding on sheep poo!), put the props on & powered up the remote before powering up the P3.

Then I launched the app. The pretty pictures and standard icons appeared, but then there was a new screen - 'activate your phantom'. What? So I followed the prompts - but my Nvidia shield doesn't have a sim card in it, so with no network connection I was stuck.

This was despite the P3 being powered on numerous times in the house to apply firmware & calibrate the IMU.

Why did this activation bollocks not raise its stupid head while I was in the house connected to WiFi?

Frustrated, I returned home (after two back-and-forth attempts to get wifi next to my neighbours' fence).

Finally I got home & powered everything up in the garden. I had WiFi.... but would it activate? Yes, after 20 minutes of swearing.

I was losing my rag, so I decided to get my phone out and record getting to the stuck activation screen.

Seems like my phone is the lucky charm, because as I was recording the bloody thing activated!

I finally managed to fly... after wasting over an hour.

WHY DID IT WAIT UNTIL I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A SODDING FIELD!

(and breathe)

:D

I hope you found your rag.

Reactions: cjmwales

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers