A vote

Reaction score
So who thinks that dji should update the ap so that when you pull a CSC in the air it will say "do you want to stop the motors" or something like that? That would be awesome!!! Who agrees?

It's a function of the remote controller though. The DJI GO app does not execute that command. And, if it did, there would be no way to do it if the DJI GO app was not running.

That would be a mistake. The whole purpose of the CSC is to maintain an emergency motor shutoff that can be actuated immediately to prevent injury or damage. To add another, non-haptic response in order to do so would defeat the purpose almost entirely. I could see having to toggle a switch before applying CSC, but app functions are not always reliable. And even that as an extra step could mean the difference between a busted quad and a gashed up extremity.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirtybum
I think it should be assigned to a button on the controller or as you say, a pop up OK button or something better than what it is now.

I only tried it once after landing to stop the motors, the thing just tipped over and tried to dig a hole in the ground with one prop.

The risk of a tip over is why, after landing, it is advised NOT to shut down the motors with a CSC but by maintaining full down on the left stick for 2-3 seconds.

I only tried it once after landing to stop the motors, the thing just tipped over and tried to dig a hole in the ground with one prop.

While I can fully understand why someone would want an added layer of protection we have to keep in mind the CSC is the "Emergency Stop" button and another layer of "Uh Oh Proof" could be very detrimental in a dire situation. You can only go so far to protect the user from themselves and IMHO DJI has already done more than most of us would like in this area.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
I would prefer a separate button.

My helicopter also has CSC and I have used it to kill power when I have lost control.
But both sticks full down is not something one might do with a helicopter.

But on the P3's it is not an unrealistic move. A bit too close to CSC for me.

why anyone would want to come down at no power vortex, while rotating and moving sideways in a reverse direction is beyond me :p
I say its fine to stay where it is and if you want to go as fast as you can looking like a twiglet.. the phantom is not for you

Reactions: NepenthesLucas
Am I the only one who has a detent separating normal left stick motion from all the way down? I feel like it would be impossible to put my quad into CSC on accident.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't know, but I always thought of the P3 as a photographic platform and not a stunt or race drone. Any of the four CSC joystick combinations puts the P3 through some very extreme maneuvers. I can't recall when flying/photographing to ever come close to executing a CSC.

If you want to whip the sticks about then get a race/stunt UAV.

If you want to whip the sticks about then get a race/stunt UAV.
Or, get a P4 and fly it in Sport mode. I think we're going to see more accidentals CSCs soon...

Reactions: chris digata
Or, get a P4 and fly it in Sport mode. I think we're going to see more accidentals CSCs soon...
Laughed so much at your post, but I think your right... people with money to burn an with no clue and want to fly out of the box on day one will be the death of plenty P4`s, (P4 spare market) just hope people are not hurt..

I guess DJI agrees with me. This is from the latest P4 firmware release notes:

"Changed procedure for stopping motors during flight. To stop motors during flight, pull the left stick to the bottom inside corner while simultaneously pressing the Smart RTH button. This new procedure will only become available when Remote Controller firmware is updated to the latest version."

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20