A Vision and a Phantom 2 flying together

Reaction score
Hi. Are there the possibility of the WiFi signal of the Vision affecting the control of the Phantom2?
Thanks

Anybody knows if problems can arise by flying a Phantom 2 and a Phantom Vision simultaneously. I mean if the WIFI signal of the Vision Extender can interfere with the phantom 2.

Thanks.

phantomi said:
Anybody knows if problems can arise by flying a Phantom 2 and a Phantom Vision simultaneously. I mean if the WIFI signal of the Vision Extender can interfere with the phantom 2.

Thanks.

I think the answer depends on the wifi channel each is using. It's no different than you and your neighbour both having 2.4Ghz routers in your house. If they're on the same channel both of you will most likely experience negative wifi reception. If they're fairly well separated then there is less of a chance of problems.

Thanks. I think that will take the chance and fly together, and at the minimum erratic behavior of the Phantom2 , then switch off the extender.

I have flown phantom v1.2 with vision plus, kept my RC units and the birds at least 10 -15feet apart without any kind of issue.

job2310 said:
I think the answer depends on the wifi channel each is using. It's no different than you and your neighbour both having 2.4Ghz routers in your house. If they're on the same channel both of you will most likely experience negative wifi reception. If they're fairly well separated then there is less of a chance of problems.

This would be incorrect. When it comes to Wi-Fi, it is better to be on the same channel than a neighboring one. Keep in mind, there is only room for 3 non-overlapping Wi-Fi channels in the 2.4GHz ISM band. And the P2 doesn't use Wi-Fi or abide by it's rules. Fortunately, the P2 uses a protocol designed to work in a crowded ISM band so it can share the same space with Wi-Fi as would be the case between a P2 and P2V.

A P2 should have no issue working with a P2V in operation nearby.

ianwood said:
job2310 said:

This would be incorrect. When it comes to Wi-Fi, it is better to be on the same channel than a neighboring one. Keep in mind, there is only room for 3 non-overlapping Wi-Fi channels in the 2.4GHz ISM band. And the P2 doesn't use Wi-Fi or abide by it's rules. Fortunately, the P2 uses a protocol designed to work in a crowded ISM band so it can share the same space with Wi-Fi as would be the case between a P2 and P2V.

A P2 should have no issue working with a P2V in operation nearby.

If you say so! I stand corrected, again! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31