A thought regarding this technology

Reaction score
I am a new P4 owner as of a couple weeks now, and I have flown it several hours using DJI GO as well as Litchi. Regarding Litchi, what attracted me to this app was the ability to pre-plan a waypoint mission and then send the copter off autonomously along the route to video and/or photograph as you instructed in the flight plan. It is remarkable really, to watch this process play out, and this got me to thinking.

Is there presently any other form of consumer level technology that is as advanced as these drones? I am not talking DJI specifically, but drones in general at this level. Holding that remote, looking at the real time video feed on my iPad Air 2 as my copter carries out a Litchi mission with perfect and pure accuracy, I just cannot help but feel that I am holding something very special in my hands. Anyway, just a thought...

No specific answer to your question from me since I have only used my P3P, DJI GO, and Litchi. I do know there are other popular brands. Many people in this forum such as myself feel exactly the way you do. The last 4 months of flying my Phantom has been full of excitement, anxiety, fear, fulfillment, and best of all fun times. It is costly but worth every penny. I find myself looking at the sky more since I've had it. I have visited beautiful places where I live but never been to. I've never had a hobby like this and I hope it lasts a while.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Suhail78
Hi,

Take a look too at DroneDeploy (no affiliation).

It lets you highlight an area and creates a flight plan. Can generate 3D models and detailed hi-res maps. Very cool technology!

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just looked at that app. Another powerful one that would be fun to try. Thanks!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20