A small amount of bad luck but it could've been worse...

You have to be hard core unless you have a two car garage or a basement that is a hobby shop and you can do repairs. I could not imagine not having my drone.
I can fix most electronics at the component level but I figured I would try to get a warranty fix by playing dumb since the parts are really outragous compared to the cost of a new drone.

$500 bucks for the Gimbal is like paying $10,000 for new tires on your car IMO

I'm heading out to the Outer Banks of NC thopefully this week so I can make some kiteboarding videos. I haven't found any yet, Is it cool over water? Everyone says be careful...

I can fix most electronics at the component level but I figured I would try to get a warranty fix by playing dumb since the parts are really outragous compared to the cost of a new drone.

$500 bucks for the Gimbal is like paying $10,000 for new tires on your car IMO

Yeah some of the pricing on parts is ridiculous - as is the repair turn around time.

So how'd your first one bite the dust? You must have a fair few batteries now too!

That was AWESOME man!! Were you on the boat? I need a local drone buddy so someone can fly the drone while I drive the boat or vice versa.
No, I was on shore, I had my boat out there but I was to scared to run it off the boat as I had just lost my P3A a couple of weeks earlier at the end of the lake where I did not turn around. But time has a way heeling.

Reactions: Ken Cruise
I'm heading out to the Outer Banks of NC thopefully this week so I can make some kiteboarding videos. I haven't found any yet, Is it cool over water? Everyone says be careful...
Just be aware of the CSC on the sticks and you should be fine.
Most of my flying is over water.
I did buy 2 Getterback torpedoes to put on the landing gear should it go down in the water.

Last edited:
You should always be careful, especially with hair like that, it could get sucked into the props.;)

what's CSC stand for?
It's how you start and kill the motors. It's a really good idea to go through the manual and all the tutorials you can find on all aspects of the Phantom operation, so many people just go out and fly and make a big mistake and don't have them long!

Yeah some of the pricing on parts is ridiculous - as is the repair turn around time.

So how'd your first one bite the dust? You must have a fair few batteries now too!
My case runeth over with batteries .lol #1"Once upon a time", I was alledgedly hired to film a group of guys doing tricks /200+mph burnouts etc on their race bikes down in FL. After we got the footage, they all wanted to try flying it. So the one guy was standing out of the sunroof of his car while another guy drove, I was following. Others were on their bikes. He didn't realize the car was stopping at a light and he fumbled the remote, knocked off the tablet and crashed it into a 7-11 sign and bounces it back into traffic, with people everywhere and a cop right there. He ditches the remote in the grass and they take off. The cop goes after them. I grab the P3 which now is just a shell and the remote and we take off. Alledgedly.

* Doing 200+mph on a $25,000 ZX-R14 is far more dangerous that flying a drone out a sunroof.

Looks great! I wouldn't worry about all that crap talk. At least you didn't blame it on the product and admitted you did something wrong, luckily you did have prop guards and also by posting prevent someone else from making the same mistake.
I'm insured for property damage/personal injury with my drones but still I fly slow and careful.

Reactions: Jbundy63
what's CSC stand for?
Mine did not come with a manual, but it is how you start the the motors. If I was as good as a lot of people on here I would be able to post a pick and tell you to RTFM, but I am not. So it is when you put the sticks in the lower corners, it ether starts or stop the motors, that includes in mid flight. That is how I lost my P3A. I was leading a boat and came to the end of the lake flying backwards, I dropped down rotating to the left or right, (I don't remember now) and it cut the motors off and down it went like a rock.

Reactions: Ken Cruise
Just be aware of the CSC on the sticks and you should be fine.
Most of my flying is over water.
I did buy 2 Getterback torpedoes to put on the landing gear should it go down in the water.

Those are a good idea...better than just trying to float it. Why two of them though...are you putting two on a single P3 or you have multiple P3s also?

I don't know what it is about FLorida but it is the only place were I know multiple people that run from the cops practically weekly and speed as fast as they can everywhere they go.

Reactions: ScottyT
My case runeth over with batteries .lol #1"Once upon a time", I was alledgedly hired to film a group of guys doing tricks /200+mph burnouts etc on their race bikes down in FL. After we got the footage, they all wanted to try flying it. So the one guy was standing out of the sunroof of his car while another guy drove, I was following. Others were on their bikes. He didn't realize the car was stopping at a light and he fumbled the remote, knocked off the tablet and crashed it into a 7-11 sign and bounces it back into traffic, with people everywhere and a cop right there. He ditches the remote in the grass and they take off. The cop goes after them. I grab the P3 which now is just a shell and the remote and we take off. Alledgedly.

* Doing 200+mph on a $25,000 ZX-R14 is far more dangerous that flying a drone out a sunroof.

Oh you crazy kids. Cool story though

Those are a good idea...better than just trying to float it. Why two of them though...are you putting two on a single P3 or you have multiple P3s also?
I put 2 to be redundant.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj