A small amount of bad luck but it could've been worse...

I was physically sick for a few days man!! This is the second one I have busted up. I have one at DJI now being basically rebuilt, this one leaves out tomorrow and I have the one I am flying now and one still in the box.
I commend you, I still have my P2V+V3 as a back up.

Reactions: Ken Cruise

Gutting. But I still don't believe that can be the result of torque from the motor due to a jam/leverage between the prop and a prop guard - it's not that powerful and that's not where the stress point would be for such an event. There are far weaker spots than the arm that would give way first. Surely.

That arm's caught between two branches after a fall, I reckon.

I'm gonna try it :)

I commend you, I still have my P2V+V3 as a back up.
The first one I was not worried about because I was filming a bunch of guys on their motorcycles that wanted awesome drone videos and paid me. This one. I was just walking down the street and as it went under a tree, it sucked the branch and leaves down into the prop/guard and boom!

Gutting. But I still don't believe that can be the result of torque from the motor due to a jam/leverage between the prop and a prop guard - it's not that powerful and that's not where the stress point would be for such an event. There are far weaker spots than the arm that would give way first. Surely.

That arm's caught between two branches after a fall, I reckon.

I'm gonna try it :)
I'm telling you bro. It was 8 feet off the ground practically moving forward at a snails pace, it had enough tourqe to crack apart the case,shatter the prop guard, flipped it upside down and it landed dead center on the top of the drone.

I'm telling you bro. It was 8 feet off the ground practically moving forward at a snails pace, it had enough tourqe to crack apart the case,shatter the prop guard, flipped it upside down and it landed dead center on the top of the drone.

Hmmm, wow. 8 feet is nothing. I'm really surprised by that - that's a lot of force, or these arms are even weaker than I had previously given them credit for! Struth.

What got stuck in the prop guard?

At least you have yours, mine is at the bottom of the lake. (P3A)

oh dear God... that makes me cringe....

I enjoy flying my P3P over lakes for the scenery but I almost hold my breath the entire time for in fear of the aircraft falling straight in to the water. I know it's going to fall out of the sky some day. I just hope it happens on dry land where I can at least save the $1200 wreckage as a memento of my expensive R/C flying days. lol

Haha, so you have 4 phantoms?! You are hard core man
You have to be hard core unless you have a two car garage or a basement that is a hobby shop and you can do repairs. I could not imagine not having my drone.

oh dear God... that makes me cringe....

I enjoy flying my P3P over lakes for the scenery but I almost hold my breath the entire time for in fear of the aircraft falling straight in to the water. I know it's going to fall out of the sky some day. I just hope it happens on dry land where I can at least save the $1200 wreckage as a memento of my expensive R/C flying days. lol
Don't worry, don't fly like a monkey backwards while coming down and to the left and you won't go into CSC.

Don't worry, don't fly like a monkey backwards while coming down and to the left and you won't go into CSC.
Don't fly like this and cut a corner and drop down and you should be OK.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1