A (simple) solution to balancing DJI self tightening props

Reaction score
I've seen this question come up on here time and time again, and even seen this solution given before but people still seem to ask.

I've had my Phantom for around 4 or 5 months now and haven't balanced one propeller, never really had the need to, Phantom flew fine, and didn't get any jello.

After a few of my recent crashes, breaking the gopro mount etc. i've noticed a bit of jello so decided to balance some props and see if it makes a difference.

After seeing many 'hacked' together solutions for balancing the self tightening props like using some fuel tube which seems to fit around the balancing rod etc. i wasn't really happy using any of them.

I found a thread on another forum where a guy makes a aluminium rod, with CW threads on one side for CW props, and CCW threads on the other for the CCW props which you can just use on your regular dulbro prop balancer perfectly.

Even if you do not have a prop balancer, the rod balances the weight of the prop on the other end, so you can use a perfectly level table with a glass etc to balance.

It cost around £8.50 delivered to the UK and seems like a very simple solution for balancing the self tightening props. I just sent a UK bank transfer, however i am sure he accepts PayPal as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr2SRPustsk[/youtube]

Contact for the guy that makes them: [email protected]
Original Post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2048016

I dunno, maybe it could be made a sticky post or something, would maybe stop some of the repetitive questions.

Attachments

• rod.jpg
    rod.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,052
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 967
Re: A (simple) solution to balancing DJI self tightening pro

I bought this about 3 weeks ago. Yes he takes paypal. He sent it same day I ordered it and I received it about 3 days later from England to canada. Surprisingly fast. Works GREAT with my dupro balancer. Very satisfied with it.

Good guy I got mine off him few months back made a thread like this got my balls busted about it that it has already been posted funny part is I searched befor I made the thread found nothing about it just about every day someone asks this question and no one really answers it is a shame we don't have stickys . I see we got mods now hopefully they are putting things together so it's easer on new folks the search on here kinda sucks . When I first joined think I asked maybe 1 or 2 questions for help and got smart *** answers PC tuff guys if in person they would have got KO'ed . Time will tell if the mod thing is going to work anything you want to know about any of the phantom models is here it is just really unorganized .

Patrick ([email protected]) looks like he's a very serious and reliable guy, so just ordered two rods from him :)

+1

He's a top guy.

Very fast at sending them out and they are well made and well packaged.

I ordered one, he mailed it yesterday. It was $20.29 to be shipped here to Indiana.

I've flown my P2V just fine with knicks and dings in the DJI self tightening props, even with only 3 prop guards. I've never experienced flight anomalies that would suggest I need to balance the props, and so I haven't.

I just received the rods made and sold by Patrick ([email protected]), it's VERY good stuff ! Do hesitate to order from him !

:!: He's reliable, nice and quick ! And his custom made rods are perfect for our props balancing needs ! Do NOT hesitate to order from him !

Thanks Patrick !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20