A simple question ? (Crystalsky)

Reaction score
I'm OK with it not being able to use third party apps but is there any chance that I'd be able to use it as an external monitor while hooked up to my Nikon camera via the HDMI cable , I'd like to be able to use the DJI display as I use the rear LCD on camera body..( liveview, image review...)

Reactions: Brent10
Interesting question.

There are HDMI splitters available. One of the things we have discussed is the use of an HDMI TV for use as an external monitor.

It seems that with the splitter, you should be able to send video to the Nikon.

Nvidia shield K1 tablet has an HDMI out port you should have no problem doing what you want! Also works great with FPV goggles!

I'm OK with it not being able to use third party apps but is there any chance that I'd be able to use it as an external monitor while hooked up to my Nikon camera via the HDMI cable , I'd like to be able to use the DJI display as I use the rear LCD on camera body..( liveview, image review...)

In another forum there was a mention that DJI are enabling the INPUT of HDMI and SDI signals to the CrystalSky.

It makes sense for DJI to do this. It would open the market to users of the Ronin and of course other people who would use monitors from Small HD and Atomos.

Using the SD slots it's possible that the screen could be used to record the input feeds too.

Unless I'm wrong I think the OP is wanting to use the CS unit to display an hdmi input. At the moment it's output only so for the moment he won't be able to display a feed from his camera or anything else.

What would a splitter achieve? The Nikon would output the hdmi and then what?

The CS is output only. For now. See my other post about what's in the works.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Unless I'm wrong I think the OP is wanting to use the CS unit to display an hdmi input. At the moment it's output only so for the moment he won't be able to display a feed from his camera or anything else.

What would a splitter achieve? The Nikon would output the hdmi and then what?

The CS is output only. For now. See my other post about what's in the works.
That's exactly what I'm interested in using it for, instead of the cameras rear lcd which gets washed out by the sun and a lot of the times while shooting macro its really low to the ground and un-useable, a simple cable from the camera to the CS display and the problems solved.
Thank you .

That's exactly what I'm interested in using it for, instead of the cameras rear lcd which gets washed out by the sun and a lot of the times while shooting macro its really low to the ground and un-useable, a simple cable from the camera to the CS display and the problems solved.
Thank you .

Not yet but apparently it will happen. It will be very interesting to see how this product develops. I intend on using it with my osmo so we shall see.

DJI have updated the firmware and DJI Go4 app ( V02.04.02.00 and 4.1.14) on the CS, the app side load restriction has been lifted and you can side load some other android apps

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie