A serious competitor for DJI

Because it is a totally different machine.. The biggest surprise being the fact that the mavic pro doesn't do 60fps well at all...that sucks as its probably the most common resolution and framerate. The phantom is the tried and tested workhorse ...bigger , more power, etc... The mavic is the opposite. Smaller, lighter... Take your pic but it won't replace my phantom...maybe it will be an addition to it.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why would DJI continue the Phantom line if the Mavic is a hit?
Personally, I don't see the Mavic Pro as a prosumer offering even though I'm sure there will be many used in that manner.

The Phantom line is a firm prosumer offering from DJI, and the Pro version, which is strongly rumored to be the next in the line, will probably up the game IF it has, at least, the Mavic Pro's internals with Occusync and a better camera.

Continuing the hope, the Phantom 5 may raise the bar even higher. From folding arms, retractable landing gear, 360 deg rotating camera, waterproof design, longer flight time, more robust design(non-plastic body which cracks under normal stress, longer range, BETTER software, etc etc etc. Who knows what the P5 will feature, but the Mavic Pro's release has to be the omen of good things to come.

In the recent past DJI has classified the Phantom as Consumer and Inspire as Pro-sumer.

Personally, I don't see the Mavic Pro as a prosumer offering even though I'm sure there will be many used in that manner.

The Phantom line is a firm prosumer offering from DJI, and the Pro version, which is strongly rumored to be the next in the line, will probably up the game IF it has, at least, the Mavic Pro's internals with Occusync and a better camera.

Continuing the hope, the Phantom 5 may raise the bar even higher. From folding arms, retractable landing gear, 360 deg rotating camera, waterproof design, longer flight time, more robust design(non-plastic body which cracks under normal stress, longer range, BETTER software, etc etc etc. Who knows what the P5 will feature, but the Mavic Pro's release has to be the omen of good things to come.

And if the add all that to the Phantom 5 it will fall into the Inspire price line

I didn't hear him mention range in his faux "review" nor did he mention the use of third party apps which so many of us depend on. It takes off and climbs faster. Ok. I fail to grasp the significance of that. I DO like the clearly labeled buttons, however. I'm tired of little icons that make little sense and are usually hard to read. I prefer a button that says "On" or "Off", not some "I" or "O". Also, I prefer to "turn on" and "turn off" a device anyway, since "powering on" and especially "powering off", while sounding cool, is nonsensical to me. Autel has a good drone and I'm not saying I'll never buy an Autel X Star, it's just not my first choice. I've spent my last two cents.

And if the add all that to the Phantom 5 it will fall into the Inspire price line
I just included some of mine and other poster's hopes. My main hopes are for a folding and more robust airframe, a better camera, and better range(Occusync). I have no care for a 360 deg rotating camera, retractable landing gear and waterproofing, but water resistance would be a plus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers