Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

A refreshing success story... My first flight

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by WetCoastWillie, May 31, 2014.

1. WetCoastWillie

As I stated in another thread, I had my maiden flight of my new P2V+ yesterday and it was a huge success :D

I had her in the air for a total of 14:01 (until the battery alarm went off) with a smooth take off and landing, as you can see by the attached video I still have a long way to go on the "smoothness" of the control while filming but I will chalk that up to being excited on my first flight.

I have edited the attached video as the first 6 min the camera was pointing down at the grass field, yawn, but you can see where I figured that out ;)

I only took it up 104M as I was sooooo nervous after reading all the horror stories on here but I will push it as I get more confident.

Overall I am very happy with my first flight and as I said earlier, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face :D .

Super exited to see how easy it was to fly... look forward to lots of fun with her.

You can watch all the "excitement" here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEEgh9NjB-o[/youtube]

2. Dirty Bird

Congrats on your maiden flight. Nice video. Looks like you have a lot of lake to explore!

3. nhoover

4. WetCoastWillie

Nice!

Thats pretty brave to fly her over water on your maiden voyage :shock:

It's nice to see people sharing some positives, but feel bad for the people who have had big losses.