Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

A really dumb battery question

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by NepenthesLucas, Mar 13, 2016.

1. NepenthesLucas

OK so it was raining g for about 1.5 weeks and I had left my flight batteries @ around 20 percent. I will obviously have to charge them but is this safe to do? Thanks for the help cus I don't want to blow up my house lol

2. alokbhargava

20% may be a low charge to leave for long but nothing lost get them back to about 60% soon for storage.

3. Private dancer

Urea 1000% ok!!!... Sitting around the house fully charged us when chances are greater for kaboom!!!

4. Private dancer

Staying fully charged and not used is harmful. Also in dji app, go to battery, with remote and drone in flight mode, scroll down to bottom and set how many days you want before battery automatically discharges it's at ten now from factory... If you don't fly much set it down in days to discharge and stay new!!!

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

It's best to store your batteries between 30%-50% charged. Hook them up to the charger and let them charge until the 3rd battery light starts blinking. That'll be right about at 50%.

sonof40 likes this.
  6. NepenthesLucas

Thanks so much I kinda like my house...;-)

7. msinger

Approved Vendor

If anyone's house blew up, you'd no doubt have heard about it by now. DJI batteries have a very good track record of being safe.

8. Private dancer

Just saying, but it's better never the less to Keep them half charged when not flying after a few days, I'm mutual, setting my discharge date in the camera safe to fly, battery page at the bottom, at 5 days, then it discharges automatically down to like 70,68%!!!...