A real Game Changer

I like the idea, but more info is needed. Does it use the pitch control from the app, which can be rather jerky, or the channel 7 which is smoother? What is the power source and is anything mounted on the ac ? If so power source?

I'm sorry, you may have already answered this, but is the app function still usable ?

Good luck!

Do you have any I.P. protection on your idea(s)?

My concern is that manufacturers likely will be implementing these and other features we haven't even thought of yet in future offerings.

Aint' competition great!

Hi

The backpack is fully compatible with the vision app :cool:
As for the 7th channel, imho is just has jerky has the apps tilt control, because indenpendently on how fast or slow you move your lever, the gimbal motors take the same time to get to were you want the gimball to be, im guessing the gimbal motors work in one single speed.
In the website theres a full description under the video.
I can tell you it works like a charm :) .

As for competition, im not really worried, because im not selling anything, if the funding is met, i will teach how to make your own backpack.
Just need you guys to start contributing and this will be out and available to everyone as soon as the goal is met.
Heres the link to the website. In case you haven't seen yet:

wwwkickthefences.wix.com/thebigidea

Thank you for your replys

Cheers :)

So your 'kick starter' is for your to provide build plans? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this goes against the philosophy of crowd sourcing, since it appears that you've already built one no further funding is required and you're not really providing a product for your funding. Maybe I'm confused, but it seems a little unethical.

hi DBeard

that is correct, but i dont understand why you think its unethical, i work 8 hours a day in a factory were they obligate me to have ideas, its called the segi sistem, it afects my evaluation if i dont provide with ideas during the year, meanning i wont have a raise wich im intitled to by law every year, if i do provide i get a good evaluation i get a raise wich was my given right in the first place, and my bosses get huge amounts of prize money because they crancked good ideas out of their employees, you think that is ethical???
i had a great idea (imho) and want to share it, but also want to get some results out of my idea, i think its understandable.
anyway i think my objective is on the low side...giving there are others that have made loads of money with software solutions that you would do yourself if you just knew how to (dont get me wrong, i think booster apps are great products and totally worth the money).
so yes im also trying to make a buck, but i dont think its in an unethical way, it does everything that im advertising so im not trying to fool anyone.

best regards

I don't do preorders, and this doesn't even promise me a working product. I'm sorry for your working conditions, but this is sketchy sounding. You've referred to 'it' which would be something. But you're not selling something.

Your first relationship with this community is asking us to pay you for an idea.
Sorry, I don't trust it.

I'm with you, DBeard.

There are ways to monetize ideas. This is not one of them.

You should build the products yourself and sell them to those who don't want to build it. You should (though I concede it's completely up to you) open-source the plans, as many projects will do, for those who can build it. Maybe resell the needed parts in a kit.

You've quite literally told us nothing about the product, or how it communicates to the Phantom. Does it piggyback off of the WiFi signals? Does it emulate control to the device running the Vision App? Is the VIsion App required to be running for this to work? Most importantly: Do you have a video of the device in operation, showing full tilt movement of the gimbal when the buttons on this device is pressed?

I withheld judgment initially to see what details you might provide, but you're being awfully cagey about the whole thing, and unless/until you are more open with us, this has a very bad smell to it.

im sorry to ear that, ive seen many sketchy stuff on the internet and (not saying im bullet proof) usually i can smell sketchy a mile away, starting that when you try to get in contact you get no response... im always available to talk about my project (the backpack, the website) im trying to start something new here, and im certain that ebay and the likes of them had people think it was sketchy when they appeared, some people still think that nowadays.
so its all good, im stiking by my project as i really think its a good one, and hope some of you share my opinion.
as for the details your are asking for its not that im trying to hide it... just if i tell everything it kind of invalidates the point of the website.
if i die on the beach as we usually say here in portugal.. then ill try and kickstart it, were youll end up paying at least triple the price it would cost to make one yourself.
so i guess its all good. meanwhile i will be enjoying my phantom like no one else can :cool:
always available for more questions

best regards
Paulo Silva

The idea is sound, and you have successfully completed one.

I'd imagine that the reason you are not revealing details here is that you don't want to give too much away if you are just selling the plans.

I'd love to see the plans, attempt the build, and check the range of the device. Its no good to me if control like that is only within 500 feet. I guess I have a lot of unanswered questions.

Maybe consider selling the plans on an individual basis. I'd blow $20-40 dollars just for a cool project. But I'd like to know its full specs, and if its any use to me first. If you get a few people buying, building and reviewing, you might have a real money-maker. But I'm not pledging money to an unknown website and waiting until you make $20,000 euros just to get plans for something without specs. No offense.

kickthefences said:
hi DBeard

that is correct, but i dont understand why you think its unethical, i work 8 hours a day in a factory were they obligate me to have ideas, its called the segi sistem, it afects my evaluation if i dont provide with ideas during the year, meanning i wont have a raise wich im intitled to by law every year, if i do provide i get a good evaluation i get a raise wich was my given right in the first place, and my bosses get huge amounts of prize money because they crancked good ideas out of their employees, you think that is ethical???
i had a great idea (imho) and want to share it, but also want to get some results out of my idea, i think its understandable.
anyway i think my objective is on the low side...giving there are others that have made loads of money with software solutions that you would do yourself if you just knew how to (dont get me wrong, i think booster apps are great products and totally worth the money).
so yes im also trying to make a buck, but i dont think its in an unethical way, it does everything that im advertising so im not trying to fool anyone.

best regards

little off topic , but.......
im curious as to why you believe you are entitled to a raise ever year?

thanks Dr joe

but if you pledge any money you wont have to wait more then the 36 days to the end of the pledge either i disclose the plans with what ive got or ill give a refund.
the pledges are made trough paypal so if you're not happy you can allways ask for a refund... alltough im sure you will be surprised butt not disapointed.

i too love this wonderfull machine and tought everyone would be excited about this, because i really am!

thanks again for your reply

regards :)

DrJoe said:
I'd love to see the plans, attempt the build, and check the range of the device. Its no good to me if control like that is only within 500 feet. I guess I have a lot of unanswered questions.

I don't think range is an issue... probably bluetooth to the phone or tablet... i think this is a modified game controller just doing the onscreen button presses for you so range only has to be 6 inches from the box to the mobile device...

I watched the video the other day and had an :idea: "oh ****" :idea: moment... blutoothed my PS3 controller to my Samsung tablet... mapped out the L1/L2 R1/R2 buttons to camera tilt/video start\stop and snapshot... works like a charm... amazing idea ... great way to keep hands on the controls during flight :D

Why the hell didn't anybody think of this 6 months ago :twisted:

DBS said:
I don't think range is an issue... probably bluetooth to the phone or tablet... i think this is a modified game controller just doing the onscreen button presses for you so range only has to be 6 inches from the box to the mobile device...

I watched the video the other day and had an :idea: "oh ****" :idea: moment... blutoothed my PS3 controller to my Samsung tablet... mapped out the L1/L2 R1/R2 buttons to camera tilt/video start\stop and snapshot... works like a charm... amazing idea ... great way to keep hands on the controls during flight :D

:shock:

Cool

DBS said:

Question is, why didn't YOU think of it. I'm not smart enough, is my excuse.

Surely this cant be the same. I can't imagine the OP was going to drum up money just to tell us to get a PS3 controller.

DBeard said:
Question is, why didn't YOU think of it. I'm not smart enough, is my excuse.

Dude gimme a break... i just now figured out the icon resizing on android tablets ...
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25374
ANOTHER obvious solution to a problem that DJI doesn't seem to want to address :evil:

I'm just slow is all :|

You've definitely hit on an important topic. It all started with copters... flying machines. My Phantom Vision 2 + has all but nailed this. Then there is photography and cinematography. There is this amazing aircraft, and they hung a camera on it. A very good one. But now this becomes a very powerful tool for photographers, and we need to start designing it for this purpose. While flying, we do need immediate access to tilt and shoot. I like the idea. Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik