A QUICK THOUGHT FOR HELPING WITH PROBLEM SOLVING PROBLEM SOLVING

hph

Reaction score
Our DJI drones are controlled by either Android or iOS apps located on a device either made by Apple or one made by the PC-type manufacturers.

Shouldn't mention of which one is being used be included in a post requesting help?

There may be problems dealing specifically with only one of those two types of software. It might be enlightening to determine if that is really an issue, especially in the case of fly-aways.

Just a thought...

In short, yes, that would be useful - if the nature of help required may be affected by the platform the app is running on, such as the recent RTH problem that seemed to only affect Android users of a particular firmware version. Fortunately the patient experienced folk on here pickup pretty quick if the help being sought needs specific info and ask for it. Good thinking though.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks, Loz.

FWIW, I've had two fly-aways - one with a Phantom 2 Vision (recovered using "Find My Phantom") and one with a Phantom 2 Vision Plus V.3 (not recovered due to mountainous terrain).

Both were using the DJI app on an iPhone. The last one happened on the first flight after an upgrade of the firmwares. The P2V is still performing quite well after I replaced the compass unit.

However, from my experience troubleshooting both, my conclusion was both fly-aways were due to internal compass problems. They were flying near nothing metallic or power lines or transmission towers when the fly-aways occurred.

Something else, the RTH was completely useless in both instances.

Sorry to hear that - yes if compass or GPS playing up, RTH is going to struggle at best, and typically fail.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks, Loz.

FWIW, I've had two fly-aways - one with a Phantom 2 Vision (recovered using "Find My Phantom") and one with a Phantom 2 Vision Plus V.3 (not recovered due to mountainous terrain).

Both were using the DJI app on an iPhone. The last one happened on the first flight after an upgrade of the firmwares. The P2V is still performing quite well after I replaced the compass unit.

However, from my experience troubleshooting both, my conclusion was both fly-aways were due to internal compass problems. They were flying near nothing metallic or power lines or transmission towers when the fly-aways occurred.

Something else, the RTH was completely useless in both instances.

fwiw dji came out with new version compass for the p2 in early 2015--
they called it antiinterference compass or similar.
I swapped to that then on my p2 vision plus when I did the 4mm gps antenna upgrade.

I still think some of my videos from that plus look better than many of my p3p...

good luck and have fun flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers