A Question for FPVLR Amplified Antenna Users

I haven't tried actually... will test it out and report back sometime this week.

Guys,

I'm having very good success with my new FPVLR Advanced Antenna mod kit with the new V2 RHCP / LHCP antenna. Today I flew a personal best of 10,718', so the rig is working well.

This being said I am noticing that when the amps are on I get a "poor" radio quality message from my GO app (iOS). Checking the channel spectrum I do see a great many red bars on many freqs. (I have the 32 channel hack installed).

The in flight performance of my P3P does not seem in any way impaired by the strong adjacent channel signals which I am guessing is an artifact of the amps.

Anyone else who is flying this antenna / booster kit experiencing the same thing?

Just wondering.
Its normal man there's nothing wrong with your setup happens to me too or get great reception with mine been out 8.6 miles full bars it's a great antenna set.

Ive had the V1 and now the V2 setup of FPVLR antennas with amps and fly every chance i get that the weathers good. I don't post much but Ive never had one issue.
The people with success have no need to post.
Not sure why you keep bringing up itelite antennas? If you like them use them.
They are no comparison to FPVLR antennas. maybe good for someone with less experience or someone that is rough on equipment.
This equipment is somewhat fragile. You can't treat it rough. Your picture looks like that antenna was drug behind a car. :-/

Last edited:
View attachment 41326 First stage in my mod and repair of antenna,it's going to be a long wait for the parts to finish this mod.yes it may look alittle beat up but that is the mod I did to the V1 I purchased the right turn dubble helix and made my own V1.5 that was done just b4 the v2 and I will not be ordering a V2 should have been made like that in the first place.

what distance were you getting stock/ after the upgrades?

what distance were you getting stock/ after the upgrades?
Stock I did 5/6km los outside of city farm country,but had to return do to battery constraints have tested both Fpvlr V1and itelite with battery mod as far as 9km one way.both antennas seem to work just fine.its cold here -6/7/9 C so batteries are limited.but I do have 4 Hyperion HV 2400 mah ordered guys are getting 28/30 mins flight.besides if I had a stock p3 with battery mod I am sure it would probably go 9km.maybe I will buy the new P3 and see what it can do just for shits and giggles..

Last edited:
Reactions: phantom13flyer
Do you have blue lights with the itelite,mine have been solid blue for over 30 flights now!! That itelite boosted is awesome clear signal all the way out 10 km and back and rock solid signal no dropping off.its my first choice now for flying.funny the Fpvlr unboosted I have done 9 km out and back seems to work better unboosted...And yes I did my own battery mod this is a hobby some of us like to play and mod....hehe!,,,
Are there ant videos on the battery mod??

Tony from FPV LR already did report on this shortly after the V2 came out. He stated that a lot of people were getting that message but not to worry about it just fly right through it and it will disappear after your phantom gets a little further away it's perfectly normal with the new V-2 and amps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1