A Phantom with NO landing gear..?

Reaction score
Now I just saw this online- is this even possible ? If yes it would definetly increase the aerodynamics of the bird and also less weight and alot less drag would definetly increase flight time dramatically ! Hand catching would definetly be challenging unless adding something to the body that would make this feasable.. Comments and experiences would be very welcome !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 722
Looks like a P1. I have a P2 NV and have though about doing this.
The Rx antennas aren't the problem so much as the compass.
Too lazy to design a new/proper mount.

Reactions: Rod Carnochan77
Doesn't the p3 have antennae in the legs? Not to mention the sacred compass. Where would they go?

I have seen the retractable landing gear. Wondered where they put the compass and antenna. It's a cool idea but really would it be save?

I have seen the retractable landing gear. Wondered where they put the compass and antenna. It's a cool idea but really would it be save?

I have done extensive research on retractable landing gear and I've seen only 1 version which looks good enough HML 350 V2 Electric Retractable Landing Gear Skid DJI Phantom Series Compat
dbe2ab13281bcdb095df07b96480cea1.jpg
c8c04e14ac4cd08d87c1f058217c4a87.jpg
it's all well thought out but I don't see how it's helpful in any way- the crud landing gear are still crud and easier to tip over. I want a set of gear like the inspire with pegs.

There are detailed instructions on YouTube how to instal the compass on a peg and works like a charm.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I imagine flying without any gear would be fine until there was a crash on my camera.., expensive landing... Otherwise to be completely honest the OP pic of the phantom without landing gear looks sexy. If I didn't use my camera I would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where is the camera on that one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31