A not thrilled neighbor

Well... today I was flying my drone around the water (with no one around). I took some good pictures (and a panorama) and was about to leave when a neighbor who was going for a walk came up. While talking to my father, he said something along the lines of "Why don't you fly over our houses with it and see what we're doing". My father responded with "That's one rule we have - no stalking anyone". I hate how people automatically assume that you are stalking when you have a drone. I'm in this for photography - I have absolutely no intentions of stalking anyone.
I find ppl incredibly boring myself, why would I care what some dude is doing in his own yard? I hate when ppl pull that crap. I'm lucky I've two ppl on each side of me and I take off at midnight sometimes, but I have a big back yard and don't stick around, they've said I've never woken them, also I've talked to them and assured them I'm not into what they're doing, I agree it's best to acknowledge ppl and show them, easier to make peace then fight a war, I personally cannot stand conflict with anyone, it bums me out later and I always would rather have issues settled in peaceful manners

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: jcommisso
Showing people the video can backfire. The 4K video quality is so good that most people's first reaction is that it could easily be used for spying. :eek:

Showing people the video can backfire. The 4K video quality is so good that most people's first reaction is that it could easily be used for spying. :eek:

From a distance it looks good.
Plus, I don't think it's spying when they can hear you, the phantom is notoriously loud.

I had a pissed neighbor knock on my door one day to tell me not to fly over his house anymore. I told him it was perfectly legal. I went inside and grabbed my drone and showed him what it's capable of. I told him, if I wanted to spy on him, I had to be literally 20ft above his house to see anything. I showed him a few footages I've took. He left wowed and interesting in owning one himself. This guy was ex military, so imagine what might've popped in his head when he saw a "UAV".

Only then you have to hold your breath in anticipation of the day they stop by to say, "You know I have an issue with you driving past my house. I know you have a cell phone with a camera & I don't like you spying on my fat & uninteresting kids."

A couple hundred feet up - I would say you're fine. But OTOH it's easier to just fly around that neighbor IMO.

Only then you have to hold your breath in anticipation of the day they stop by to say, "You know I have an issue with you driving past my house. I know you have a cell phone with a camera & I don't like you spying on my fat & uninteresting kids."

lmao!

Ironically, the only neighbor who complained about my flying over his backyard one evening was later seen on the 4K video to be Actually using his cell phone to photograph my drone from his front yard, while bringing in his trash cans on the public street! :rolleyes: The pot calling the kettle black! Did I give you permission to photograph my drone? ;)

Last edited:
Shooting or attacking an aircraft is a serious felony, can cause damage to property and or persons, and can lead to many many years in jail, in Canada, Drones are considered aircraft, And the maximum penalty is 14 years in jail. Tell that to anyone who threaten to shoot you down...
Would you know where to find that Law? I would like to get a copy of it. So if it does happen. I can show them the exact law.

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just tell them you bought the drone without the camera option. They won't have a clue[emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav