A mixed start with P3P in North wales, UK.

Reaction score
I flew a Minicopter Maxi Joker (5 foot rotor span) a few years ago (when cameras had a finite weight). I finally gave up because I could never quite solve the vibration problems, even with Standard Definition cameras. Looking back, it may have been me shaking rather than the helicopter!

So, I was passing my local Maplins store - "used" phantom 3 Professsionals at £750! It was just too tempting.
The "used" seems to mean returned unflown, because I could find no trace of use on the 3 that I checked over, and they carried a full 12 month warranty.

What a super machine. It took a little while to settle down to hovering with no input, and to be actually take my eyes off it to look at the tablet and make adjustments. But if that was good it paled to insignificance when I looked at the images!! Stunning.

I've flown it for a few weeks now and so decided to investigate the Phantom Pilots Forum. That's when things went slightly pear shaped. Possible cracks in the case - better take a closer look. Sure enough there's a hair-line crack in the plasic between two of the rear left motor mounting screws. So, back it went on Saturday!

A big thanks to this Forum - you've probably helped me avoid an unpleasantly short conclusion to my return to flying!

Can't wait to get going again though........I'll update this thread for UK members who may be tempted by similar offers.

Reactions: monkeychops

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers