A miracle from 500 feet up

Reaction score
Sunday I was up at 500 feet plus taking some photos in my neighborhood when I saw something fly off my Phantom Vision then suddenly it started the death spiral to the ground. No control, nothing. It landed in the woods across the street from my home. It was about 300 feet out and took a half hour to find. It looked terrible when I found it. The camera had ripped off and was half submerged in a small lake. The Phantom hit hard on a log, 3 propellers broken and one completely gone. I think that is what flew off. My fault as I had a tipover the day before and I think the prop came slight loose from the T-motor (the props never fit well anyway). I thought the prop was okay to fly, but obviously not. I figured it was a total loss. Came home and put the camera in a bowl of rice to draw out the moisture. Cleaned up the phantom with some alcohol. Put on new smaller props for the V 1.1. (which fit much better than Vision props). Several hours later I connected the camera. With low expectations, I fired her up. I was shocked as everything worked perfectly, even the camera. I have flown 5 more perfect flights since Sunday. To say I crashed hard from 500 feet and nothing was broken (besides props) and it didn't cost me anything (except props I already had), is just miraculous to me. Thumbs up for a tough machine.

As I mentioned in my crash experience, these things are made very well to take the abuse they do in crashes and keep on operating. I had to replace my camera, but the craft still operated 100%. When I hsd crashes with my 6 channel helo's 12" off the ground it cost 100's of dollars dozens of occasions.

Lets see the video!
Moose

Lace mini zip ties thru the rubber camera bushings to keep the camera from separating from the Vision & ripping/bending its cable & plug. Don't cinch them tight, you want the bushings to be free to move. Credit for this goes to someone else who posted the idea long ago on the forum.

iDrone (the Very)

Reactions: SnoozeDoggyDog
iDrone said:
Lace mini zip ties thru the rubber camera bushings to keep the camera from separating from the Vision & ripping/bending its cable & plug. Don't cinch them tight, you want the bushings to be free to move. Credit for this goes to someone else who posted the idea long ago on the forum.

iDrone (the Very)

That is an excellent idea....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20