Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

A little unstable flight and got atti mode while flying. Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by llyons92, Jul 6, 2016.

1. llyons92

Flew my replacement phantom from dji yesterday and flew it today. I have noticed that it isn't as stable as the one I bought from best buy and during my flight the Drone went into atti mode. I was out over a lake and really had no interference. Got a little nervous as it looked as if I was losing altitude. I brought it back in and landed. Should I be concerned. I will be reviewing the logs and posting them on here later.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

#1 llyons92, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  2. Numone

I've had one completely random instance like this and, like you, stayed calm and brought it back. I'd flown in the same area on countless occasions and never had a problem... And have flown there many times since and not had a single issue like it. Most odd. Personally I'd stick with it for a few more flights and see if it's a repeating problem.

#2 Numone, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  3. llyons92

Yea I'm going to keep an eye on it. I can't say this happened to my last one but we will see if it happens again

4. JasonJett

Today I had my first flight. Mine flew very smooth. But I dont think it was quite as stable as my last one either.

5. Numone

Hopefully Jason, it's just a perception. Delighted you've got a new AC mate.

6. JasonJett

I'm hoping that's the case. The wind was a little strong yesterday so that could have played a lart

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

7. alokbhargava

I suggest you to carefully analyze the logs and check if there is any abnormal behavior anywhere. Figure out why did you loose GPS.

8. Trackman1

Check your sensor screen right before takeoff.
    I will sometimes get no data from the sensors if I do not start up in the correct order of RC,AC,APP.
    Also make sure there are enough sats and the GPS signal strength is good.(4 or 5 bars) If you drop to 3 bars you are in ATTI mode and
    that will be a shocker if it is windy.

9. WetDog

Rule 1 of Flight Testing: Expect things to go wrong. Plan Accordingly.

Flying over a lake just isn't one of those things I do when I'm testing things out. Remember, Murphy was an optimist.

Sim597 likes this.
  10. llyons92

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

here is the log from that day. can someone take a look and see what they think. I was flying today and again got something similar. Told me i had a compass error and went to atti mode, when i wasnt near anything that would cause interference. it didnt last long but still concerning.

11. llyons92