A little news snippet Amazon Quad Fake?

The "Techie" in me loves the idea of 30-minute drone-based delivery systems. Especially for those times when I snap a CF Prop on my own "Drone" and want to get in the air as quickly as possible.

But... The "Realist" in me sees the immeasurable danger and potential loss with such an endeavor. Sure... The convenience of drone-based delivery systems within an hour would be life-changing for most people, but think about the ramifications the first time a drone accidentally comes down on a busy interstate or slams into a skyscraper or crashes through someone's bathroom window. What happens when someone decides they want the 60" Samsung LED hanging from the drone and they shoot it out of the sky? Not only do you have a crashed drone, but you also have a rogue gunner rattling off 5.56 NATO rounds in a neighborhood.

Call me a pessimist, but I'll take the Prime $3.99 overnight and keep the rules for my own personal "drone" as flexible as possible. I don't want their drones to encroach on my airspace. The gubmint would set all kinds of rules for us RC pilots and our Phantoms.

Leave the Drones to the Military and Hobbyists.

heymatthew said:
What happens when someone decides they want the 60" Samsung LED hanging from the drone and they shoot it out of the sky? Not only do you have a crashed drone, but you also have a rogue gunner rattling off 5.56 NATO rounds in a neighborhood.

If this happens at all with Amazon I'm certain there would be conditions on what types of item(s) could be delivered this way. Books, and other lightweight, non-expensive items I imagine.

The big point in the article I was eluding to was the "drone" that was up 1700 ft over New York and was claimed to have been 200 ft from an airliner. News articles and Youtube videos are showing the bad side of these things when idiots get a hold of them. Every day new things show up. Big things will happen and this will all end unfortunately. It was better when these things and helis were used by fewer people. They were expensive and harder to fly. But now the electronics are getting so good and cheap everybody and their grandmother will try to out do each other until its all over. It is happening now.

Look at the idiot who flew his Phantom in New York city and was bouncing it off of the skyscrapers. If you haven't seen it, go to Youtube.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4