A little late to the party

Reaction score
Bought my Phantom 1.1.1 a couple of years ago. Hooked up a Go Pro 3 and took some videos. No gimble or even shock absorbers. Unit is completely orig. Still using the orig props.

Decided for X-mas this year I want some FPV gear.
Spent a couple days reading and still have lots of questions.

Picked out a div monitor and vid xmitter.
7 Inch 1024 x 600 32Ch 5.8GHz FPV LCD Monitor w/Auto Search and Div Rx Fieldview 777 HD (US Plug)

HobbyKing™ FT952 5.8GHz 32CH 200mW Mini FPV Transmitter with Gopro 3 AV Lead

Any thoughts good or bad with these picks?

Can I play videos in HD from the Go Pro 3 to the Fieldview Monitor via the HMDI ports once back on the ground?

Discovered I need a PMUv2 to connect a mini iOSD or upgrade the center board. Any "Upgrade" boards still available? Couldn't find any on EBAY.

Once I install the PMUv2 and the iOSD, how do I install a gimble? Won't I need another CAN port?

Thx in adv!

Can I play videos in HD from the Go Pro 3 to the Fieldview Monitor via the HMDI ports once back on the ground?
Yes

Discovered I need a PMUv2 to connect a mini iOSD or upgrade the center board. Any "Upgrade" boards still available? Couldn't find any on EBAY
They are becoming harder to find for obvious reasons, you might still be able to get one shipped from China. I'll see if I still have links to these for you.

Once I install the PMUv2 and the iOSD, how do I install a gimble? Won't I need another CAN port?

Not 100% sure on the answer to this one, but if I remember rightly some PMU/iOSD kits had an extra port or did some other magic allowing you to add a gimbal as well.

To be honest though, it's a false economy. You would be better off getting a P3S or P3A, it has everything you need already, plus more goodies and you can pick them up for a good price these days!

Once you've finished you will only get around 10mins flight time with the added weight and I also find 5.8ghz for FPV is not brilliant, it's majorly affected by your surroundings, so expect video breakups etc.

I know how you feel wanting to get more out of the P1, but you're throwing money at a dead horse :p

Hope this helps bro.

Thx for the replies.

Glad to hear the Gopro will play videos thru the Fieldview.
It will be nice not having to download the videos to the laptop every time.

I've already ordered everything. Got the PMU since I couldn't find a center board.

Abt 10 years ago I was into RC planes pretty heavy. Thinking that if I really get into FPV, I'll be using a plane next.

Any thought on the monitor/receiver and the vid xmitter?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart