A guy flew over Obama motorcade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article says - "It was just some guy with a personal drone, probably snooping on beach goers with its attached camera’s advanced zoom capabilities." ... Advanced zoom capabilities? What we have here is more media anti-drone bs. There's no zoom on a P3, it's just their way of making it sound like he was some perverted voyeur. The way the media covers these anti-drone stories while continually passing their lies (about zoom capabilities) off as truth is just flat out disgusting...

Hey all,

I am a reader and rare poster but this kind of set me off. Really?
Who Stopped Obama’s Hawaii Motorcade? Dude Wearing ‘Laid Back, Easy Goin’ Shirt With a Drone

It looks like maybe a P3P, but could be a P3A. Hard to tell.
The secret service said the guy was just out flying and had no idea that Obama was just finishing a round of golf nearby. I guess they should have published an itinerary so all citizens could stay away and maybe hide indoors with their blinds down as the president drove by on the way home from golf.

My two favorite quotes from the story:
"It was just some guy with a personal drone, probably snooping on beach goers with its attached camera’s advanced zoom capabilities."
Advanced zoom capabilities? Really?

"The motorcade did not stop or slow down because of the incident."
Then why does the story title note "stopped?"

Phantom in Hawaii.JPG

Here goes another drone-shaming article.
According to the video, it is a P3. It seems we can't get away of this 'drone' naming convention, especially when on the same day you hear how US drones are used to eliminate terrorists.
But if it were just about the drone moniker, I could live with it. The thing that annoys me and should annoy all of us is this quote:
It was just some guy with a personal drone, probably snooping on beach goers with its attached camera’s advanced zoom capabilities.

So now the guy is snooping, and he is using advanced zoom capabilities. Not just zoom mind you, advanced zoom, specifically to snoop on those beach goers.

Argh!!!! Just what we needed: an article with false information like this to generate more haters.

Reactions: huntjock
Like it matters, but I just informed the author via Twitter that he's a falsifying fearmongering boob. Also left a comment on the story. Maybe one or two people will see that no, there are no zoom capabilities on a Phantom. Reporters like this are why we can't have nice things.

Sadly many people will believe this non story.
The word he used advanced zoom. Lol

What set you off?... the overhyped reporting about an innocent guy just out flying his drone at a beautiful beach location oblivious to Obama motorcade intending to pass through the area?... it's not like they publish ahead of time the route they might be taking to transport the guy...
1. False Headline
2. Reporter half truths
3. Maybe it's just me and my experience, but I would not fly over a beach with people there. Maybe early morning before people arrived.
4. And the one that really heated me up? Mine doesn't have 'advanced zoom' capability. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.