A great use of a UAV (LEO related)

Reaction score
Here is a little audio clip of a pursuit that occurred in a neighboring County.
http://www.mnpoliceclips.com/audio-rio--columbia-county-wi-incident-71.html
I had happened to do a UAV demo in this county a few weeks earlier and am currently consulting them on the best use / purchasing of a UAV. The Dept is very progressive and will use new technology to their advantage at any chance they get. I brought my DJI's for the demo, another brought a Iris + which happen to have a battery failure and dropped in the drink. Any way for this story, a pursuit with the suspect shooting at the 1st deputies car. They continued the pursuit until the suspect pulled over and would not get out of the auto. The state patrol had their Air 3 airplane in the air for speeding enforcement near the interstate and they responded as needed. They could not get close enough to really see what the suspect was doing in the drivers seat. However if you skip to 39:25 in the audio they call in for a hard-copy (request) for my P3A. While on my way, I was called off. They had their brinks truck arrive and they cleared the suspects car and found him deceased from a self gun-shot. This is just one of the examples of why a UAV should be utilized in this profession, and many other professions at that. I cant imagine what the future holds for these tools.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj