A great pc for editing 4K footage?

Reaction score
Hey
I wonder if anyone can recommend a good computer that can handle 4K editing and is also good for gaming?
I have an oculus rift which I would like to use as well.

I purchased an iMac 5k two weeks ago but returned it as I didn't think it was that great for editing ? It's so pricey for what it can actually do?

I have been recommended this computer by PC World? I'm not great with specs and stuff so would really appreciate some help?
It's an Alpha 1080 - intel skylake gaming pc
Gladiator Computers - Design your own PC

What do you guys think?
Would this be good for 4K editing my phantom 4 videos? Also good for games and oculus rift ?

Thanks

Don't go crazy I did a NXZT self build and a 6600k skylake, couple of evos, 16GB ddr4, GTX 970 plays and renders 4K fine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey
I wonder if anyone can recommend a good computer that can handle 4K editing and is also good for gaming?
I have an oculus rift which I would like to use as well.

I purchased an iMac 5k two weeks ago but returned it as I didn't think it was that great for editing ? It's so pricey for what it can actually do?

I have been recommended this computer by PC World? I'm not great with specs and stuff so would really appreciate some help?
It's an Alpha 1080 - intel skylake gaming pc
Gladiator Computers - Design your own PC

What do you guys think?
Would this be good for 4K editing my phantom 4 videos? Also good for games and oculus rift ?

Thanks

The 5k iMac is perfect for editing as long as you boost the RAM and get the best graphics card with max RAM.

May I ask why you felt it wasn't up to the task? Software? Just price?

Gaming, OTOH, isn't a strength of Mac OS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues