A good stabilizer?

Reaction score
What stabilizers are you using? Anyone free? Any cheap? Anything that only stabilize and that isn't a whole editing program?

I want stabilizing :) but I cant find a good one that doesn't cost a fortune. Take for instance warp stabilizer with adobe.... cost 800$. Sure it is brilliant, but omg the price.

Thanks

A cheap brushless gimbal will cost you $120 (£90) from Goodluckbuy and will give you far, FAR better results than any video stabilising software.

Software stabilisation always looks terrible. Even the expensive ones.

rilot said:
A cheap brushless gimbal will cost you $120 (£90) from Goodluckbuy and will give you far, FAR better results than any video stabilising software.

This is because people dont use stabilizers in a way that they should be used. For an example over-stabilized footage with a wrong stabilization method ends up in a bad outcome. In WarpStabilizer you have huge amount of settings that enable you to stabilize your footage in a way that makes the footage look the way you want. Even with a gimbal there are situations when somekind of a post stabilization is useful. Although I would also focus on getting the best possible footage on the go, post stabilization being only a last resort.

Havent ever used this, but looked worth of checking out (if looking something cheap)
http://www.muvee.com/en/products/turbo_ ... maF7_m-0VU

rilot said:

I have a gimbal and I have used proper stabilizers. I also have carbon weightened propellers. So I know that I can go from having a decent clip to something I could actually put up on a movie theatre screen :) But it sure is correct to get a gimbal first. Everything you can do before you use any software changing tools is so absolutely preferable.

Another bonus... it will increase the possibility to fly in wind, because it can be stabilized

Miika said:
rilot said:

This is because people dont use stabilizers in a way that they should be used. For an example over-stabilized footage with a wrong stabilization method ends up in a bad outcome. In WarpStabilizer you have huge amount of settings that enable you to stabilize your footage in a way that makes the footage look the way you want. Even with a gimbal there are situations when somekind of a post stabilization is useful. Although I would also focus on getting the best possible footage on the go, post stabilization being only a last resort.

Havent ever used this, but looked worth of checking out (if looking something cheap)
That looks very interesting thanks. I will have a look, so darn cheap if it gets just close to the warp stabilizer or mercalli, which both cost a fortune.

Miika said:
rilot said:

I tried the program and it seems ok, but I cant make it export videos, or the file is kinda like corrupted or something. It is quite sad really. I will write Muvee a mail.

simonthk said:
Miika said:
rilot said:

I tried the program and it seems ok, but I cant make it export videos, or the file is kinda like corrupted or something. It is quite sad really. I will write Muvee a mail.

Did you get a reply from Muvee? The stabilizer seemed to be pretty good actually! Although having more control over stabilization process would had been great.

I would definitely have to agree,. from my experience even the best warp-stabilized footage barely comes close to brushless gimbal stabilized footage. So I'd definitely recommend going in that direction first.

But as mentioned, even some gimbal-stabilized stuff can benefit from post-stabilization, to correct the Yaw wobble and unsteady flying. But fortunately that stuff is much more subtle and easier to fix in post.

FCPX and even iMovie on the Mac are capable of fixing that stuff pretty well tho.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj