A few questions

Reaction score
I shoot stock video and I'm trying to decide between a Phantom 2 and a Phantom Vision 2. I already have Gopro cameras. I was hoping for some information to help with the decision.

Does the camera that comes with the Vision 2 output video as good as the GoPro?

Can a smartphone be use with the Phantom 2?

Can either product be used without a video downlink?

Thanks for any help!

Does the camera that comes with the Vision 2 output video as good as the GoPro?
No

Can a smartphone be use with the Phantom 2?
Yes but it will be expensive to do as you will either need Lightbridge or some way of getting a composite input in to the phone. Easier to just use a screen.

Can either product be used without a video downlink?
Sure. You can fly either just as a normal line-of-sight bird if you want.

Thanks for any help!

Video with the vision is stabilized on only 1 axis, vs 2 axis with the P2 zenmuse. So the video on the P2 is MUCH more stable. Many consider the video of the stock vision to be unusable. However there are now 3rd party gimbals (Droneexpert, Rotorpixel) for the vision which will stabilize the video for $400-$650.

Smartphone can only be used with the vision, not P2. You can however get an fpv setup to see realtime view of what the camera is seeing, but a video transmitter and separate monitor are needed.

Video downlink is built into the vision and is used via the smartphone app.

If you want video and already have a gopro 3, I think it's a no brainer. The P2 video is much better and you could get setup with fpv for around $1200. The vision will cost you at least $1600 if you want usable video because you will need the 3rd party gimbal (and you will have to wait for it because the gimbals are just coming out and backlogged).

You don't have to have a gimbal for smooth video, however it it much harder to achieve...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for your help, exactly what I need.

Any recommendations for a video link and monitor?

Thanks!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers