A few questions

Reaction score
I haven't been flying as much recently updated my Phantom, it feels like I am getting less distance ( Signal range)? Have they done something am I missing something

I noticed that waypoints is out now. Correct me if I'm wrong but you need to fly the way points before you can create a route .? What the hell is the point of that .?

Is there any way of doing this like the groundstation app on the Phantom 2

Are dji going backwards

I agree with your assessment about how waypoints was implemented... it's stupid and yes has gone backwards. Haven't noticed any less range... but then again I don't push the range to the extreme

Personally I think the way points are to help you really see your location first and be there for the view and obstacles.

Since I use the device to capture cinematic video I want to go each spot first to see what it looks like and for safety reasons. Then when I'm flying I can focus more on the camera work.

So to me it makes sense.

I have been on Beta for AirNest and it's a really nice app. You can actually use the simulator in GO and create a waypoint flightpath and save that and then load it up later in the field.

Reactions: Ben Brautigam
Hey, now that we are on the subject of this way points. I thought you could yaw the quad as you flew your mission. I could not get my phantom to yaw as it flew the mission. I did a mission out in the open area to test it yesterday and it would not yaw around. Is there a setting that I have over looked?

Hey, now that we are on the subject of this way points. I thought you could yaw the quad as you flew your mission. I could not get my phantom to yaw as it flew the mission. I did a mission out in the open area to test it yesterday and it would not yaw around. Is there a setting that I have over looked?

Which app are you referring too?

Thanks,

Justin

So do all these apps work with the latest software of DJ I .?

And is it just a matter of downloading the app, no other modifications or software upgrades needed ?

Will it be a free app ? Do you have any information what features it will have ? Also being a third party app how safe is it ? Will there be any restrictions for distance

Reactions: Ben Brautigam
Will it be a free app ? Do you have any information what features it will have ? Also being a third party app how safe is it ? Will there be any restrictions for distance

Our main features are the creation of smooth waypoint flights by simply drawing your flight path on a map. Also, in the Point tool you can control the camera by just panning and tilting your iPad or iPhone. Airnest also includes a tool called Flysafe which provides live weather updates for your specific location.

Feel free to check out the Beta thread which I've linked below. Airnest is a DJI developer partner and our app is currently compatible with the P3A, P3P, and Inspire 1.

Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers | DJI Phantom Forum

Also check out the video on our homepage for a bit more detail about our app.

Home

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj